Need advice about the best setup for my needs

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, Dec 12, 2016.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, Wii U hacking is going fast, so I'm a little out the loop about what new release actually do, I don't have too much free time to test everything so maybe you can help me to find the setup for me.

I have haxchi already installed, just making it sure that I'm not missing another features.

What I'm looking for:
    -A way to boot HIDtoVPAD directly when power on the console, a permanent hack would be ideal.
    -HBL from Home Menu.
    -A way to hack digital Wii releases on Wii U (legit eShop bought titles), stuff like setting video options (forcing 4:3, custom resolution, etc...), adding gamepad support to the titles which doesn't have... RE4)

What I don't care about:
    -Wii U backups
    -VC injects (I'm good with RetroArch)
    -Permanent region free

So, I'm good with normal haxchi? Or should go for coldboot Haxchi?
    I really like having the Homebrew stuff sandboxed and system files clean, instead having the home menu cluttered with hax0rs stuff, so HBL is enough for me.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Dec 12, 2016
    zeldaism likes this.
  2. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    I'd say just go for regular Haxchi if all you want is HBL. You should also use Mocha by Dimok and FTPiiU Everywhere for the Wii game hacking stuff.

OriginalHamster likes this.