Gaming Need a Video Card

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
On the other topic you said you were using an Nvidia 6800. Now I am curious because according to CPU-Z you are using an onboard nvidia 6100. Did you mean the onboard 6100 Video Card or do you have a 6800 in your PC?

I was just guessing at the time but I knew for certain it had to in the 6 series. Sorry if I confused you but even cpu-z shows my graphics slot is empty.
Big, big, big, big difference

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
Urza said:

Sorry my computer won't take ddr2 and i'm not sure if thats the card I should get if my processor is going to bottle neck the performance.

Well since your computer only uses DDR 400 (PC 3200) I would just get some cheap Memory if you are really trying to give your computer a little longer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....0%20(PC%203200)

Also what they mean by it will bottleneck your performance, I think, is that if you get a really good graphics card it won't work as good as it should because of your processor but it still will work as good as any other card. Also the great thing about getting a good-great card now is that if you are going to build a new PC later you can use the graphics card from before.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
sjones900 said:
Urza said:

Sorry my computer won't take ddr2 and i'm not sure if thats the card I should get if my processor is going to bottle neck the performance.

Well since your computer only uses DDR 400 (PC 3200) I would just get some cheap Memory if you are really trying to give your computer a little longer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....0%20(PC%203200)

Also what they mean by it will bottleneck your performance, I think, is that if you get a really good graphics card it won't work as good as it should because of your processor but it still will work as good as any other card. Also the great thing about getting a good-great card now is that if you are going to build a new PC later you can use the graphics card from before.
thats what I was trying to get at thats a really good graphics card but it won't work well in my system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: