Need a screen recording software that can...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by badgerkins, Oct 6, 2011.

1. badgerkins
    OP

Member badgerkins GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Y'see, i'm trying to capture all the h-scenes from an eroge with a screen recording software. The problem is that I don't want to have to watch all the scenes till the end but would rather prefer the recording software to record the eroge (set to auto) in the background while I do other stuff on the computer like surf sites and type up my essay but I cannot find one that does this.

I'm sure there is a recording software that makes this possible so please can you help me find one for me [​IMG]

2. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Screen recording software records a region of your screen. Fraps might be able to keep recording while another window is on top of it but that program would have to keep running like normal. Camtasia, Camstudio, ZDSoft, and Debut are all good at screen recording. If all else fails play the game in windowed mode and do your other things in windows that not overlap.

3. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    ^ but that would mean that the eroge must be running on top.
    unless he doesn't want a low res vid, that would be okay.

4. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes, I want it so that even when theres another window on top of it, the software will record just the eroge and not the window on top.

5. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In that case your only choice is Fraps. If that doesn't work, then youll have to record it as the top window

6. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    I guess I will give Fraps a go for now .

EDIT: Okay, i'm using it but how do you record? :S Theres no button to press to record or choose a window to record. Pressing F9 (shortcut to record) does nothing.

7. badgerkins
    OP

United Kingdom
    Grr, turns out Fraps wasn't recording because it doesn't consider the eroge game a 'game'. Ah well :/