Gaming Need a new antivirus

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Kaspersky 2009 Internet Security key (that I BOUGHT) just expired and I need a new antivirus.

I don't like browsing the internet unprotected
sad.gif
So I was wondering, what's the latest and greatest Antivirus out there?

Price is not an issue. I don't think I'll be purchasing my antivirus this time around (if ya know what I mean.)

I'd like to get something like Kaspersky. Real time protection and frequent updates. Thanks!

And yes, I have seen the sticky. So don't post that.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind spending money then a new subscription to Kaspersky or ESET Smart Security/NOD32 would be exceptional.

If you're looking for a free solution, Avast! or MSE like Rydian suggested are good AV's as well.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I'm not looking to pay for any subscriptions. And the Kaspersky keys that you get from torrents/chinese websites always get blacklisted within a few days.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would really just pay.

A one time payment (for 1-3 years) to protect something that's most likely over 500 bucks is worth it.
I've been doing really well with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Kaspersky Anti-Virus for a few years now; not planning to change anytime soon.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use ESET Smart Security/NOD32 with box, mara-fix 1.3 in order to lock it into trial mode. I've never had any problems.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
If your gonna Pay then i Recommend Kaspersky

However if your not gonna Pay then get Microsoft Security Essentials its what i have and it does not give me Problems.

PS:theres Also Comodo but you get Pissed of cause of the so many Diffrent warning when Opening Programs/surfing the Internet but its been rated well.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Microsoft Security Essentials stays the fuck out of your way unless there's an actual problem.
This. I love MSE. Although the fact that it is so unobtrusive makes me wonder sometimes if it is actually doing anything...
unsure.gif
But I do manual scans, etc. so all's good! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, even over most of the paid AV products.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some research. Avira free version has been a top of the line AV for quite some time now & is even better than the majority of paid AVs... including NOD32 and Kaspersky.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Do some research. Avira free version has been a top of the line AV for quite some time now & is even better than the majority of paid AVs... including NOD32 and Kaspersky.
Source plox. Cuz I'm one of those people that need proof.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said I wasn't looking to pay for anything, I meant I was looking to pirate something
wink.gif

That being said, I think ESET smart security 4 would be my best bet.

EDIT: Can't find any working ESET SS4 torrents. Going with Kaspersky 2011, hopefully it'll be easier to activate than KIS2009.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
The best AV out there and i've been using it for years is Eset Nod32. You can get the Suite or just the AV by itself you can pay for it or *cough get legit keys online cough* either way it's all good.

It won't hassle you at all even if there is a problem because it will sort it out for you. You can leave it on newb mode or expert mode and do what you please either way it'll do everything for you unless you tell it you want to take over
laugh.gif

I'd recommend getting the suite which comes with the AV + antispyware protection + Firewall (much better then the windows one) + antispam module and a whole lot more. And it updates regularly sometimes just once a day sometimes several times a day
biggrin.gif

Basically this = win!

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions guys. If KIS2011 doesn't work out (first key I tried already got blacklisted in under 3 minutes), I'll go back to ESET SS4 since I think I've found a working torrent.

And thanks for the staircase in Minecraft, gutman
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: