Hacking Need a little help

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I have a older 3ds with 4.1.0-0E I want to put a custom firmware on it I have a r4i 3ds flash cart has the www.rdi-Sdhc.com on it and its the wifi one it seams to work fine in my old old ds lite but can't get it to work on the 3ds I have downloaded hundreds of versions of the kernel now and all I get on the 3ds is "an error has occurred" press and hold Lowe button etc
Any ideas where I can get the files to make it work?

Many thanx

Last edited by Bamstar,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I have a older 3ds with 4.1.0-0E I want to put a custom firmware on it I have a r4i 3ds flash cart has the www.rdi-Sdhc.com on it and its the wifi one it seams to work fine in my old old ds lite but can't get it to work on the 3ds I have downloaded hundreds of versions of the kernel now and all I get on the 3ds is "an error has occurred" press and hold Lowe button etc
Any ideas where I can get the files to make it work?

Many thanx
You most likely have to update for the card to work properly. You're on a pretty low firmware for wanting CFW now. However if you check the guide you can use either the MSET or browser option to install Boot9Strap on your current firmware, when you're done with that your card will work.

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You most likely have to update for the card to work properly. You're on a pretty low firmware for wanting CFW now. However if you check the guide you can use either the MSET or browser option to install Boot9Strap on your current firmware, when you're done with that your card will work.
My current version doesn't have web browser

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well use the MSET method then...
You realize that's what he's trying, right? Read the OP.

I'm assuming you've had the card for a while? It probably needs a firmware update. http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp seems to have instructions under "3DS V6.2.0-12 firmware upgrade instruction". You'll need to do this on your DS lite obviously since the card isn't booting on your 3DS.

Reactions: Lacius

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a physical game, you can update with it to (10.X.X or below) and use soundhax.
No he can't. Upgrading with a cart from that low of firmware breaks soundhax.

"Note that Cart Updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. Cart Updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<7.0.0 for Old 3DSs in the EUR, JPN, KOR, and USA regions) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!"

This is a prime example of why "If it's not broke don't fix it" is a terrible motto.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Cuphat

Bamstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my son has updated the bloody thing now so have ordered and r4i gold 3ds rts and gonna do ntrboot

Thanx for all ya help tho guys/girls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock