Homebrew Need 3DS raw save file exporter

the1gamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short my OR pokemon game cartridge is dead. Unbootable by the system so it doesn't load it onto the home menu when put into the slot. I found when I booted Pokebank it read the save file and I transferred the rest of my pokemon from my boxes. I would still like my save data from it though since I have an extra cartridge that I would be able to put it on. So, is there any program (preferably using only homebrew but can install CFW if needed) that can read the sava data directly? I can't use a program that uses homebrews title selector since 3DS's won't read my cartridge enough to display it as a title. I have tried PKSM, JKSM, and PKHex, but they use homebrews title selector so they are out (at least their 3dsx files are, haven't tried CIA's).

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, long story short my OR pokemon game cartridge is dead. Unbootable by the system so it doesn't load it onto the home menu when put into the slot. I found when I booted Pokebank it read the save file and I transferred the rest of my pokemon from my boxes. I would still like my save data from it though since I have an extra cartridge that I would be able to put it on. So, is there any program (preferably using only homebrew but can install CFW if needed) that can read the sava data directly? I can't use a program that uses homebrews title selector since 3DS's won't read my cartridge enough to display it as a title. I have tried PKSM, JKSM, and PKHex, but they use homebrews title selector so they are out (at least their 3dsx files are, haven't tried CIA's).
Unfortunately that answer is no. You would need to of used one of those apps you listed with the cart before to pull a decrypted save from.

the1gamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately that answer is no. You would need to of used one of those apps you listed with the cart before to pull a decrypted save from.
Huh, I just assumed there was a way since pokebank can read it even when the title isn't there that some other program probably could. Good to know, and I'll still watch this thread in case someone has an obscure fix or program, but as of now I will assume its gone.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, I just assumed there was a way since pokebank can read it even when the title isn't there that some other program probably could. Good to know, and I'll still watch this thread in case someone has an obscure fix or program, but as of now I will assume its gone.
The data is encrypted per console with a unique set of keys. It makes things very hard to break open without those. Which is why games need to be decrypted to transfer saves. Pokebank will show up as its a digital loaded game, but your pokemon on there are saved to a ninty server which is connected to and loaded when you run that.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
OR is a card 2 game, meaning the save file is in the ROM. If you can make a full untrimmed ROM backup (it needs the private header too), it might be possible to recover the save (maybe with the semi-recent breakthroughs with crypto and the bootrom), but I couldn't tell you how. If the game is unbootable, I'd also expect a ROM backup to be impossible.

the1gamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data is encrypted per console with a unique set of keys. It makes things very hard to break open without those. Which is why games need to be decrypted to transfer saves. Pokebank will show up as its a digital loaded game, but your pokemon on there are saved to a ninty server which is connected to and loaded when you run that.
So, its able to decrypt it since it has transferred pokemon from it before? I'm saying that pokebank will show the game if its in the slot, and won't if its not which to me shows that its actively reading the ROM. I understand pokebank's on a server so those aren't an issue, I just found it odd that it could actively read it while other apps including the 3DS itself wouldn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night