^^ndstitle-1143^^

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
The battle system allowing you tu use both stylus and classic buttons is outstanding. Moving on map is pleasing too, and loading times aren't that long (~1sec or less for a battle, like any other RPG when changing room, didn't try to play till overworld)

[Works on M3 CF, safe mode / no trim.]

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using an SCSD, and when I go to quick save the game freezes on me. Anyone else with a supercard get that same problem?

Not me, not getting it to run at all (white screens / SC MiniSD / updated patcher and card to the latest version)

nope, it does not work on microSD (supercard)Â
cry.gif
 ... ... ... damn it
if someone get it to work on microsd please tell me how Â
wacko.gif

It works on SC lite, just use the enable patch cartridge acces from 2.55c software...
grog.gif

Ahh... thanks. I missed that post. Working now

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm having trouble with my M3 SD. I'm updated to V25 and trying every combination of options, no dice. Just white screens.

ZeroDivide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to multi target in battle with stylus? I can't figure it out... And true, playing with stylus is very easy and enjoyable.

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Safe mode + trim was the first option I tried
frown.gif

I've tried with and without safe mode, with and without trim, basically everything. White screens every time. Maybe it's my SD card?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Safe mode + trim was the first option I triedÂ
frown.gif

I've tried with and without safe mode, with and without trim, basically everything. White screens every time. Maybe it's my SD card?

Use only Safe methode, leave rest untouched!

works fine this way on M3/G6 series

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't want to play over and over again your FF3 cause you didn't get till a save point!

Here's how you can use the Suspend (sort RTS, let's say) function in FF3

http://users.skynet.be/DuNe/NDS/ff3-ds.html

READ THIS!
---------------

- After doing the Suspend you only can turn off your DS
- When you press "NEW GAME" or "LOAD GAME" your Suspend save will be destroyed (that's what somebody told me the txt in screen 6 is
biggrin.gif
)
- When you press "Continue" the Suspend will be loaded AND will be destroyed 5this means if you play and turn your DS off, you have to start ALL over again
- This means, Always Suspend your game before turning off your DS when you're tired or stop!
- So Unless you didn't play till a REAL save point, don't forget to Suspend your game (unless you like to play over and over again!)
- I really don't know if you can do Suspend in ANY spot, but as long as you have the option in the upper right screen i think you can!

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I say every combination involving Safe Mode, I mean it =P
It just doesn't work. Do you think reformatting my SD card would help?

L

lordg

I'm starting to think it may be a SD Card problem. I have a ATP ProMax 1 Gig Mini SD and it does not work for me.

L

lordg

OK, it's not a SD card problem. Make sure you have the correct version of FF3. More specifically, the WRG version and not the IND version. IND version does not work.

I finally got it to work with FF3 released by WRG.

And the intro was beautiful, cant' wait for the US version.

Z

Zelion

Alright first of all, IMO this is hands down the best Final Fantasy ever made. NES or DS, it owned/owns all.
I've played the NES translation enough times to enjoy playing this game without know what they've added in for storyline.

I've got it working on my M3 CF, v25 manager and loader using Safe mode. I'm unsure if the saves will actually backup onto my cart, I kind of doubt it, but then again i probably wont play anything else for awhile.

Also I heard that the US release date being pushed back was just a rumor. Don't quote me on it though.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess they were pushing it back because FF V comes out at the same day and they don't want to interfere the sales or something like that. Ah well.

First thing I noticed were the touch screen controls, it rocks!
biggrin.gif
Also the zooming in option is awesome! Now if only they made ports of FF:VII and VIII using the same engine. Definalty one of the best RPGs. Gonna enjoy this one for a long time. Does someone have a translation of battles/menu controls maybe?

Z

Zelion

Battle Menu:
QUOTE said:
Attack
Magic
Defend
Item
Equipment
Switch Rows
Run away
I think thats all of the options, and in the right order I think
tongue.gif

Yeah they're all correct.

Also I looked into it and it seems that FF3 is using some unknown type of saving(atleast M3 Savetool can't detect it).

Job Class menu(when yer a 'Onion Knight' or 'FreeLancer'[it changes the order when you change classes i think])
Pretty much the same as NES, except the class you are does not show in the menu, so look at this "chart" and remove the class you are, and then you should be able to change class without random guesses or remembering the characters for it
tongue.gif

Job Class Menu(As far as I've gotten anyways
tongue.gif
):
QUOTE said:
Fighter -=- Monk
White Mage -=- Black Mage
Red Mage -=- Thief

Main Menu
Item
Magic
Equipment
Status
Change Row/Order
Change Job
Options(no clue wtf anything in there is)
Quick Save
Save

the maps are pretty much exactly the same as the NES game, just better details and such, all secrets seem to still be in the same places they were in the NES version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work