^^ndstitle-1059^^

mukimuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wondered how long it would be before we saw a game like this
i'm surprised there aren't more, but from what i hear the touch screen isn't sensitive enough for details, making it difficult

as for learning jpns; self study is all well and good, but i have met people with level 1 test qualifications who are not very strong in the speaking/pronounciation departments at all. definately try to go for speaking/listening skill at the same time
also 1000 kanji in 1 year is not at all hard if you break it down; even if you only attempted 3 a day for a year you would make it. the fact is, that kanji get easier to remember the more you learn.
for the grammar, native english speakers may have a hard time, but korean speakers should be able to make faster progress
wink.gif

?????????????????

blurrysarah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a while now, can't seem to get around to it properly.
But, after flipping through a few books I've picked up a handful of words, and I know ONE character. Go me!

I really need to find a book that completely ignores romanji, it's so offputting.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
????????????????????????????(+_+)

Just joking. I'm sure regular users of the Net are used to using machine translations by now
tongue.gif

But in real life, it is considered rude to talk in a foreign language when it can be avoided.
wondered how long it would be before we saw a game like this
i'm surprised there aren't more, but from what i hear the touch screen isn't sensitive enough for details, making it difficult
Hello, Muki! Another old GBAetc member pops around again. Where's your "muki" avatar gone, though?

Most of the Kanji writing games on the NDS require you to write the strokes neatly and accurately just like Brain Age 2 does. I don't know how good Asian PDAs are but, maybe this is due to how complex Kanji can get.
as for learning jpns; self study is all well and good, but i have met people with level 1 test qualifications who are not very strong in the speaking/pronounciation departments at all. definately try to go for speaking/listening skill at the same time
also 1000 kanji in 1 year is not at all hard if you break it down; even if you only attempted 3 a day for a year you would make it. the fact is, that kanji get easier to remember the more you learn.
for the grammar, native english speakers may have a hard time, but korean speakers should be able to make faster progress
wink.gif

?????????????????

It'll really depend on how complex they are and what you're going to be doing with them. If all you have to do is recognise them (i.e., read them) like you do in the JLPT then, you'll probably be able to remember most of them but not all. On the other hand, if you were asked to write out the 1000 you learned, you most likely won't be able to. A good memory is another factor, of course.

Me not Korean but yes, Korean is very similar to Japanese and vice-versa. So if you know either of each language, it'll be easy to pick up the other
biggrin.gif
Both are considered to be in the same Altaic language family after all.
QUOTE(blurrysarah @ Jun 3 2006, 04:05 PM)
I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a while now, can't seem to get around to it properly.
But, after flipping through a few books I've picked up a handful of words, and I know ONE character. Go me!

?

I really need to find a book that completely ignores romanji, it's so offputting.
Well, I started learning the language using a book that taught in Romaji. Then I just picked up the rest from there. At the time, the Net wasn't as developed as it is now and everyone was still on dial-up 56K. Anime fansubs weren't so common so I didn't even know what "baka" or "nani" meant
laugh.gif

You could try a book named "Japanese for Busy People". It uses both Kana and Romaji so that you can eventually familiarize yourself with the Japanese syllables. You could also try using a free Kana flashcard program or, print out a chart and spend some time trying to memorize it.

Whatever you do, just keep at it. Ganbare!

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok