NDStation 1.2.1 question/issue?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by roguetrip, Aug 24, 2007.

Aug 24, 2007
  1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi, i found chuckstudios released NDStation 1.2.1 and figured i'd give it a go, so my first backup game i'm trying is Metroid Fusion, i know i don't need to patch it for rodulph's expansion pack 3in1 and plays fine, but now i'm trying to use NDStation on Metroid Fusion and hit go, well i see its using just over 7mb of resources and 100% of one of my cpu cores, its been doing this for over 10mins, how long should it take to convert a gba game over using psram and compression?

Thanks!

Edit, tried 1.1 and it converted in about a second, then tried 1.2.1 w/o compression and completed in about a second as well, so how much time does compression take? hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, maybe i'll fire up bioshock and play awhile and see if its finishes.

2. roguetrip
    OP

United States
    ok, another update, after i tried without compression, then i tried again with compression, this time it worked in about 2 seconds to finish, so guess that answers my question.

Original file size: 8MB
    NDStation 1.2.1 w/o compression: 16.2MB
    NDStation 1.2.1 w/ compression: 12.6MB
    NDStation 1.1: 8.21MB

Whats up with the huge increase in filesize?

3. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    That would be what we call a bug. [​IMG]

Apparently the ROM is getting packed in there twice. I really need to get working on 1.3.

4. roguetrip
    OP

United States
    ahh, ok, well, if ya didn't know before, ya know now, thanks for the quick update chuck, can't wait for 1.3 now [​IMG]