?
  1. Quickly save/load a saved state

49.5%
  2. Move emulation to/from the bottom screen

27.8%
  3. Toggle aspect ratio: [3] Middle of screen to [4] Entire screen anti-aliased

42.3%
  4. Toggle CPU frequency: 5 to 2

25.8%
  5. Toggle 8-bit era sound, with triangle waves and noise

25.8%
  6. 97 voter(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vorty11

Vorty11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Are you absolutely sure? I know cheats are broken for the TEMPGBA emulator, but I've seen videos on youtube of people successfully using cheats with CATSFC. And the instructions/readme for the current version (1.36) describes how to use .cht files. Are cheats working in older versions?

2. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    Cheats might work but it's not perfect by a long shot.
    It doesn't hurt to try though.

3. Vorty11

Vorty11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been trying, but I haven't had any luck. Has anyone been able to get cheats to work in the latest 1.35 version of CATSFC? Does the name of the rom have to match up exactly with the name listed in the .cht text files? Is there a video walkthrough somewhere that shows if I'm missing anything?

4. Tiffani

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just wanted to chime in with my appreciation for this emulator. I downloaded CATSFC and tried it yesterday and it worked great. :)

5. nitendo

nitendo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi,

So I was curious of EXACTLY why BS Zelda does not run, at all, in the latest version of CATSFC (based on SNES9x 1.43), and found the following in the changelog of SNES9X:

"Implemented executing SPC700 instructions during DMA, fixes BSZelda and Goal lock up at start and music pausing briefly when ROMs do lots of DMA, usually between game screens."

The above was apparently fixed in 1.43 revision 1.16.

Anybody skilled enough to take a peek at the source and see if this can be the cure?

Here is the complete changelist: http://snes9x-rr.googlecode.com/svn/branches/snes9x-143/doc/changes.txt

/dACE

6. Digitsie

Digitsie Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The 1.4 patch for Wonder Project J on this program seems to start up okay, then when it gets to the naming screen, start garbling. Looking at the rom on BSNES or another emulator seems to be fine.

7. Vorty11

Vorty11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bump. Can anyone confirm they have cheats working or not with v. 1.36 of this emulator?

8. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    Nope, the cheats system remains buggy and probably will not be fixed anytime soon.

9. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    Grab CCCGP from my site (link in sig) and you can hard code GG codes into the games. The only downside is not being able to toggle them off/on.

10. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sometimes it freezes when I bring up the in-game menu and the only button that works is HOME. Has this happened to anyone else and or know a fix for it? Thoughts appreciated :)

I am on Version 1.36.1

Update: This happens to me on both CATSFC and NDSSFC...

11. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    cvskid likes this.
  12. Skeet1983

United States
    Anyone experience the black-screen freeze when trying to open the in-game emulator menu? It keeps happening to me and am wondering if there is a fix for it... Thoughts appreciated :)

13. TheShades

TheShades Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have 1.36.1, and I was able to get most Cheats working.

Here's the thing, Make absolutely sure you used the v0.51-0.74 Cheat Code Pack. If you used the v0.75-0.82 Cheat Code Pack by mistake, the cheats won't load. I had the Same issue you did when i used the .82 pack, but when I used the .74 pack, the cheats loaded up, and almost every cheat worked. I'm sure there's a few games that will give you trouble, but they will at least load up for you.

14. Skeet1983

United States
    Sometimes the Emulator freezes when I open the Emulator menu in-game. Has this happened to anyone else and or know a fix for it? Thoughts appreciated :)

15. joshwaan2k

joshwaan2k GBAtemp Regular

Hey Guys

I'm running a DSI XL with Super Card Two last firmware update. working fine with games and CATS. Just wondering when I change the option to fill screen and smooth option 4 is does not save and work for some reason any hints?

16. Codename PUMA

Codename PUMA Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Depends what you mean. It doesn't really save if you do it when you have no game loaded, and you have to have to set the screen ratio on each individual game. It'll have memory on each game, though (eg if you set Aladdin to 3, it'll always be 3 when you load that rom unless/until you change it. It won't be 3 for any other game because of that, unless you set them all individually to 3).

17. regnad

regnad Button Masher

New EOS 1.13 is out now, and it solves the SD card reading speed problems, but save states crashes the system on both CATSFC and TempGBA (as it did with 1.12).

18. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
  19. Skeet1983

United States
  20. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    If your N3DS is unmodified and on the latest firmware, you can install the Homebrew Launcher. This works on the latest firmware but you need either Cubic Ninja, Ironfall, YouTube, Smash Brothers or Ocarina of Time.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

If you are on firmware 9.2 or below, you can use the Gateway flashcart.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - revival, NDSSFC, CATSFC