Hacking ndsDS troubles

RhiGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using an Acekard 2i on a DSi and I've been trying to get nesDS to work but with no luck!
hate2.gif

I've been on these forums for few days reading everything I can but everything I've tried doesn't work.
I am using a SDHC micro, but I've read a few people are using those with no problem.
The application loads up but freezes on the first menu screen and I can't select anything and have to reload the Acekard.
I'm using the dldi version and I've tried formatting my micro with the panasonic formatter.
I've also tried loading it through Moonshell but I get a 'does not support nes.ext' or something like that.
Is there something I'm missing? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to set it up correctly, even if its through Moonshell?
Any help is appreciated!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i read somewhere that on the recent build of the official it does run, but i never bothered to confirm it. but it works perfectly under akaio, has done so since 1.2 (which was the first akaio i used).

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
try swapping the dldi file for the one in the official firmware. the dldi in akaio 1.4.1 proper is broken and *might* cause homebrew issues for some users. i have not experienced any problems myself, however. the dldi files can be interchanged, just overwrite the one in the akaio install.

-another world

RhiGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried that, still not working
frown.gif

To make sure I'm setting it up right, this is what I'm doing.
Downloading the nesDS file from here, extracting the nesDS.nds file and putting it on the root of my SD card. I've made a folder on the root and called it NES and thats where I'm putting all my roms.
I did the same for SNEmulDS and its working perfectly.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no idea what is going wrong, it works fine so its something on your end. you can put the nesds.nds file anywhere. it will access the msd so you can put your roms anywhere as well. try a full format of your msd using the panasonic formatter.

this is the one i use: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=870

-another world

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
RhiGhost said:
Thanks heaps for your help! I've already formatted my card twice with that program though. Whats this nds.tool thing I keep reading about?
ndstool turns .nes into .nds. If you're talking about the one in the nesds folder, that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b