First-time user having trouble using FlashGBX, looking for advice!

SaintRaven357

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
40
XP
2
Country
United States
Hello all! I'm trying to use PKHex to modify my legit original Pokémon Leaf Green cartridge, but I'm having trouble actually starting the process. I've downloaded the newest version of Flash GBX and have an actual GBX device to plug my cart into. When I try to backup the save data from the cart, it always gives me an error box reading "Failed to read save data consistently. Please ensure the cartridge contacts are clean". I've carefully cleaned the cart contacts and the GBX device contacts twice; they are coming away totally clean, but still nothing. I'm getting basically the same thing when I try to backup the ROM.

I'm sure it's me; I'm doing something wrong since the cart still works fine in an actual GBA, still saves, recently replaced battery for RTC to work, so I'd appreciate advice as to when I'm messing up. Thank you in advance for all your help!
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted