NdsCRC help

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Charli, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011

NdsCRC help by Charli at 8:06 PM (1,379 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Charli
    OP

Newcomer Charli Advanced Member

Germany
    Hey there!

I just started using NdsCRC and was wondering if I could get it to save all my roms just in the \clean folder instead of subfolders for certain release numbers like \clean\5200 ?
    It's kind of annoying that when I'm looking for a certain rom I have to browse through the NDSHave.txt to look up the release number so I know which folder it is in... I don't need 20+ folders all just containing one or two games...

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    You don't need to open NDSHave.txt. The ROM list in the main GUI should have the release number already next to the game title. If you right-click the ROM, you'll get a context menu that will let you extract it to the Desktop or wherever you want it to go.

3. Charli
    OP

Germany
    uh, I never tried right click, that's convenient [​IMG] but it would be nice nevertheless so I don't have to start up NdsCRC everytime... but right clicking will do just fine I guess

4. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    NDScrc also has a search function built into it which you can use to find specific roms

5. Charli
    OP

Germany
    yeah, but I wouldn't have to search for it in the first place if all my roms were in the same folder ^^

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Maybe you should consider switching to RToolDS. The GUI is a lot more polished. You can throw all of your ROMs into a single folder and RToolDS won't automatically sort them into separate subfolders.

7. Charli
    OP

Germany
    thanks, RToolDS is quite convenient for copying roms to my DSTwo [​IMG] but it won't rename my roms, which was the reason I got NdsCRC for, but I guess I'll just use both of them or don't care about renaming anymore...

Edit:
    just figured out that it can rename them when transferring them to the sd card! I'll stick to RToolDS now [​IMG]

8. ecko

Member ecko GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    you can use ndscrc for renaming and rtoolds for copying to sd

9. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Open up NdsCRC, click on the "Settings" Tab. In the "Sort archives in directories" area, select "None". Select the "Rom List" tab and click on the "Search & Sort" button. NdsCRC will then move all your zip files from "X:\clean\####" to "X:\clean". It will not delete the empty subfolders of \clean. You now have all your files in one directory.

10. Charli
    OP

Germany
    Thanks Masked Ranger! Don't know why it didn't come to my mind that this was just the option I was looking for [​IMG]

11. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Glad I can help.