NDS M4A Bitrate

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jamespoo, Mar 31, 2013.

Mar 31, 2013

NDS M4A Bitrate by jamespoo at 11:27 PM (453 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jamespoo
    OP

Member jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    what is the lowest bit-rate it can use

i rip my cds using 2pass 32kbps vbr nero aac .m4a and the ds dose not play them i have not tried any other bitrates that low

i have ripped cds to 150kbps vbr and they play fine

this sucks i only have a 2gb sd card 32kbps vbr sound fine on my phone played via the built in speaker so i wish the dsi could play them

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Uh, that depends on what's playing them.

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The only things that could gimp music playback on the DS/DSi/3DS are the cart slot speed (so there are no concerns there as it's fast enough for the purpose), the sample rate (up to 48KHz, preferably 24KHz when in Stereo from what I've heard) and the processing power of the unit itself (don't go too crazy with the bitrate - if the song does't lag - great. 192kbps should work just fine from my experience). Needless to say, the DS/DSi/3DS are not exactly good devices to listen to music with.

4. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    the cap inside DS doesn't allow you to keep uo with very high levels of bass and such (besides the speakers quality, which on 3DS have had been improved a lot)-- excluding the 3DS XL unit, or so I've noticed

Plus the DS doesn't have a dedicated DSP, add that nintendo's low level volume profile for their handhelds (which sucks). Yes, they protect your ears and all that, but it's... ew.

5. jamespoo
    OP

Member jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    thx guys

wanted to use my ds and my phone broke