Hacking Nds Lite replacement case. my ds wont charge now

m9cus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as is the case with most ds owners, the hinge snapped on my trusty old black ds lite. i bought a nice replacement clear case and a triwing and thanks to the brilliant user guide on here i changed the entire case last night. after testing and everything it seemed ok so i fitted the case all back together but when i went to charge the battery using the standard ds charger the orange light would not come on.
the charger still works on our other ds so it is not that and i know the battery was working before i tried to charge it.

can anyone suggest what may have caused this problem. i have read a couple of suggestions that maybe the video cable is not seated properly or that maybe (please no) the f1 or f2 fuse has blown.

are there any other suggestions, all thoughts are welcome.

thanks in advance

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuse F1 - located next to the power socket, this is what stops the DS charging, however it is a soldered fuse and tiny (very tiny!) the only other issue I have ever had is the power socket itself - check it is still intact (the plastic guide inside the socket) - no dry joints.

If the socket looks fine - meter the fuse to see if its blown (F1 is marked on the circuit board!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...