Hacking NDS lite noob

morita-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

im thinking of buying nds lite and i have been reading up that you can play gba roms on it and also flash it so you can view pics,movies and listen to mp3s. How do i go about doing that?
what softwares or hardwares do i need? if someone can point me to a guide, i'll be forever grateful.

thanks!

morita-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so in your opinion what is the best way to be able to do what i just said? i know there's a lot of different ways that you can choose but right now im just confused which one is the best >

gaiyachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
-Get a passcard like Superkey or Passcard 3
-Get a cart like the M3,G6,EZIV,Supercard
They all play GBA and NDS roms (although some cant play certain games), then download an app called MoonShell for playing your media files.

I can't make a choice for you regarding the hardware, i suggest reading the forums about the different cards available and go from there.
There are a few threads that discuss the differences between the hardware so it shouldn't be too hard.

morita-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay i've read some more articles. i want to get g6 lite + a nopass card. is that all i need to be able to play roms and movies?

gaiyachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, however as a fair warning the G6 Lite comes in 4Gbit size wich is around 512MByte it may not be enough room if your planning on having movies and games on it.

Good luck.

morita-san

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your patience. I am aware of that as well
smile.gif

uhm another question, i just read some more and found out about the miniSD supercard+nopass+miniSD memory card. do they support games/homebrew as well as the g6 lite? Im asking because considering with that setup, the memory is expandable....

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here is what i suggest if you dont mind a) the card sticking out a little bit of your ds b) the price

- passcard 3
- m3 mini sd
- 2gb mini sd

with m3 you can be sure to have best support, highest compatiblity, no slow downs.
this is the setup i would buy if i wanted one NOW and dont mind the above 2 points.
or you wait for the m3 micro sd which should be released soon.

mars

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The biggest micro sd cards I've ever seen are 1gb, so it might not be enough if you want to hold movies and stuff. Of course there might be bigger micros but I've never seen them

mastermaw

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My advice would be to forget GBA support and buy a MiniSD Supercard along with a SuperKey. Its solid and works great for NDS.

A great store is www.supercardstore.com - although its a British site it's £49 ($92USD, $120AUD) for the MiniSD SC and SK and that includes worldwide postage. They've got the SC-Lite as well.

And no i don't work from them.

maw.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
Nood here.

So, M3 mini-SD still have slowdowns?
I am in doubt between G6 4G and M3 Mini-SD, but once M3 I can upgrade the memory, I belive my choice is almost done.:-D

M3 Mini-SD + Passcard 3 is good, uh?

I bought my NDS Lite few weeks ago in a trip and was very happy to discover that I can backup my games.;-)

Does it consumes too much of the battery, anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill