Gaming NDS lite does not turn on

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[SOLVED]
Hey! A buddy had problem on his DS, he told me that wasn't turning on anymore , or turning and then getting turning off, the power button got out of the place so I think this could be the problem,
I tried to turn it in front of him and it went normal, just haven't read the card (that is kinda normal of DSlite? haha) , so I turned it off, reinserted the cart and tried to turn on again, but can't turned anymore
So I bring it home, the first thing was removing the back and placing right the power switch, still not working... I checked if everything was connected correctly and nothing seens wrong, someone know what happened here or how to fix it?
Edit:
Solved ! thanks @Wuigi for helping!Looks like was the fuses all the time, i finally asked someone to change it for me and it's all alive atm xD

Last edited by Sliter, , Reason: SOLVED
D

Deleted User

Does the LED turn on for power but it doesn't start the LCD?
If so, it could be the WiFi card.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if the fuse right from the cartridge slot has a crack.
This fuse died already two times on me and is really cheap to replace.
It could break due to the usage of a third party charger but also broke after I switched to an original charger.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does the LED turn on for power but it doesn't start the LCD?
If so, it could be the WiFi card.
actually it turned on all right that time and haven't give any life signal after that

Check if the fuse right from the cartridge slot has a crack.
This fuse died already two times on me and is really cheap to replace.
It could break due to the usage of a third party charger but also broke after I switched to an original charger.
ohh could be that since he was charging it on stupid ways :P when I gave him this DS , was with an "OEM" charger, but ir broke and he someway used a mini usb with these normal wall energy -> usb charger :P I will post a photo here, could you give a look?I'm not 100% sure if this looks dead xD

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
here the photos...I took a time because the camera wasn't charged lol
DSC021232.jpg DSC021242.jpg
Os this one, right?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I meant the other side of the slot, where you insert cartridges.
Google F1 or F2 fuse, that's where they are.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
board2.jpg

these two? the left one is the one shown in my photos and making a comparision, this is the one that looks strange ... see the mark in different color that looks like come from it? D: well idk :v I should replace both them ?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case the component that broke was EM10.
I thought F1 or F2 could be the problematic parts but in your case it's probably only leftover solder paste.
Take a look at the four lines of solder on the EM10.
They had a crack when my DS lite didn't charge.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at it on my phone, on my computer I have to agree that F1 is looking like it's broken.
For replacement parts I recommend aliexpress or dealextreme, they ship from china so you'll have to wait nearly a month for the parts but they are dirt cheap...
However you have to get the real part number from some manifacturer that matches this part, components with the names F1 or F2 on aliexpress are more expensive because of no reason, but if you don't want to do the following it's maybe worth it:
This component is under the category of SMDs, mouser is a great source to look at pictures of the components to get the sizes and specifications right to get the correct part.
I had the luck that I never had to solder such small parts but if you're really cautious I guess it will work out just fine (Just order some more parts for the case you break one and have a really fine tip on your solder iron)

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
for soldering I would ask help for someone because I would burn all the DS board by myself hehhe
well these components isn't something common? O mean , I have here some old cellphones, no hope I could find some like they there? haha xD
so I could just recycle :B
I gave a look on ali here ... yeah it's not that cheap as I thought o-o

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to think about paying more money for a lot of parts or nearly the same amount of money for less parts but with faster shipping.
I took a lot more than I needed but at least I had some left when it broke again, so that's a plus I guess.
And reusing parts you cannot get any information for is too dangerous imo.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey reviving here
my buddy agreed to buy the F1 and we can try out XD
today he come here and he told me to try turn on the DS again
it turned and entered the " touch the screen" part but soon turned of
Si we keep the plan of F1 replacing?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to put something like a tiny piece of paper between the battery and the console plastic wall. Sometimes is only bad contact with the battery, you need to make it more "pressed" against the contacts.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try to put something like a tiny piece of paper between the battery and the console plastic wall. Sometimes is only bad contact with the battery, you need to make it more "pressed" against the contacts.
well no .. it's turn on some time but turn off soon , and the "no turn on " for a time hmmm

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys I just got the minuscle F1 things but before tried to change them I gave another look on the board and I saw that this spot don`t really looks that come out the F1 and it`s like a "bubble ".. I think I can remove easily but I`m afraid :v

I used a multimeter to see if the F1 was really dead or not and it passed energy (tried to see as resistance) so looks alive ...so I think that spot got the problem... is something safe I could try out

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks everyone for helping, especially @Wuigi thanks for being right on the spot! I've got new fuses long ago but I was not confided I could change myself, and these days talking to a work's pal and he told me that he cold try, so said and made, and it's all alive again XD at least the problem don't got back until now!
Also not going to give it back to my buddy until he get a proper charger this time >w>
Maybe the time making he wait is worth of punishment ? XD but without a charger he can just repeat it again ... oh boy

Last edited by Sliter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: