nds hombrew voice recorder

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tom, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Tom
    OP

Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    New jersey
    i need an nds homebrew voice recorder to catch my sister being annoying the moct sensative one possible where could i get 1?

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    This is possibly the lamest thing ever, and given that you sound about nine years old, it would probably be too complicated for you, but DSLinux has a rawrec function which records audio.

3. OneMichael

OneMichael Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    Canada
    Manitoba, Canada
    I think the English of the average American is worse than that of the average German. I've always found that a bit funny.

I was reading something from DevkitPro a while back, and I think I remember the way the microphone is handled to be a bit odd. Is there a maximum length limit? (Is there a limit in DSLinux?) It's sad that there aren't more homebrews that use the microphone.

To answer the topic question:
    NitroTracker has a fairly good voice recorder, for up to eight seconds. You can then overdrive it to 500% so you can actually hear it.

4. linoul

linoul Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Switzerland
  5. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    with DSOrganize you can record audio. Just go to the file browser, press 'r' a couple of times till it says 'new file' on either a or b at thoe bottom (cant remember which) and then press that button. name the file something .wav e.g. sound.wav. Then press 'y' on the file to record. Dont think there is a limit, but the quality is absolute crap. NitroTracker is great quality but has a short time limit.

6. Briankealing

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Those "My Spanish Coach" and other language games have voice recorders but it makes you sound really stupid.

7. funnymoney

funnymoney Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    United States
    I don't understand why you would need to do this but you could always use DS Organize or NitroTracker. With DS Organize all you have to do is create a wav file and then click Y to record on it.