nds hombrew voice recorder

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tom, Apr 10, 2009.

Apr 10, 2009

nds hombrew voice recorder by Tom at 12:02 AM (4,021 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Tom
    OP

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    i need an nds homebrew voice recorder to catch my sister being annoying the moct sensative one possible where could i get 1?

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    This is possibly the lamest thing ever, and given that you sound about nine years old, it would probably be too complicated for you, but DSLinux has a rawrec function which records audio.

3. OneMichael

Newcomer OneMichael Advanced Member

Canada
    I think the English of the average American is worse than that of the average German. I've always found that a bit funny.

I was reading something from DevkitPro a while back, and I think I remember the way the microphone is handled to be a bit odd. Is there a maximum length limit? (Is there a limit in DSLinux?) It's sad that there aren't more homebrews that use the microphone.

To answer the topic question:
    NitroTracker has a fairly good voice recorder, for up to eight seconds. You can then overdrive it to 500% so you can actually hear it.

4. linoul

Newcomer linoul Member

China
  5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    with DSOrganize you can record audio. Just go to the file browser, press 'r' a couple of times till it says 'new file' on either a or b at thoe bottom (cant remember which) and then press that button. name the file something .wav e.g. sound.wav. Then press 'y' on the file to record. Dont think there is a limit, but the quality is absolute crap. NitroTracker is great quality but has a short time limit.

6. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Those "My Spanish Coach" and other language games have voice recorders but it makes you sound really stupid.

7. funnymoney

Newcomer funnymoney Member

United States
    I don't understand why you would need to do this but you could always use DS Organize or NitroTracker. With DS Organize all you have to do is create a wav file and then click Y to record on it.