Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
i have the exact same issue, and installed JRE 8 too, but it seems i still can't run Forwarder3DS.jar
Are you making the forwarder for use with a flashcard? If not try using NDSForwarder instead.

If you are, make sure you're installing Oracle Java (not OpenJDK) and that JavaFX is installed, on Linux it's often separate.

b0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you making the forwarder for use with a flashcard? If not try using NDSForwarder instead.

If you are, make sure you're installing Oracle Java (not OpenJDK) and that JavaFX is installed, on Linux it's often separate.
taking a look at NDSForwarder, i don't know if i am using a flashcard or 3DS SD card.
i installed it and it seemed to create a forwarder fine...so i guess i am using the 3DS SD card?

yes, i had already installed it, yet the issue persists.

maybe i should just use NDSForwarder? because it seemed to work flawlessly.
thank you so much for helping :>

dimenfer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
i have the exact same issue, and installed JRE 8 too, but it seems i still can't run Forwarder3DS.jar
Don´t forget to make the bat file step as pointed by "MetoMeto"
MetoMeto said:
If anyone is wondering how to make "Forwarder3DS.jar" to run, i did it by making bat file.
So...i made run.bat file (just make txt file where Forwarder3DS.jar is and rename it to "run.bat" instead of "New Text Document.txt") and i right clicked on it, than "Edit" and once opened i wrote "java -jar Forwarder3DS.jar".
Than i saved, exit, and double-clicked and it ran the forwarder (Forwarder3DS.jar)

Rafan_93

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I did all the part in you tutorial and installed files perfectly but when i stared the game it said "not found: Sd:/games/..... Please recreate the forwarder with correct ROM path." Can you pleas help me with this thing? Thank you!
I have the same problem with an inazuma eleven 2 rom can u help me?

ThNiDe

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry, I got a question. I tried to use the forwarder.
The software works like a charm.
But when I install it into my 3DS, it leads to DSi screen with blinking screen and "Please insert your cartridge" sentence in it. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I got a question. I tried to use the forwarder.
The software works like a charm.
But when I install it into my 3DS, it leads to DSi screen with blinking screen and "Please insert your cartridge" sentence in it. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Which flashcard are you using?
If you're not using a flashcard, then recreate the forwarder with "DSi/3DS SD card" set as the device in Forwarder3-DS, and you may also need to update the forwarder pack files using Universal-Updater.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
does pokemon transfer work with a pokemon game installed that way?
The G4 -> G5 one? It'll work from a real G4 cart to a G5 ROM, but not from a G4 ROM. This is true of any way of running the ROM (besides emulators communicating with themselves) as it uses Download Play. If you're using a G4 ROM you can use PKSM to transfer.

thechriscrabb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried everything I can find online regarding launching two ROMs, Pokémon White, and Pokémon Black Version 2, stored on my R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS flashcart via Forwarders. Unfortunately, I have reached my wits end and experienced nothing but the games hanging when attempting to save my progress and could use some help.

So far I have:
  1. Followed (and re-followed) guides from GBAtemp and DS-Homebrew Wiki.
  2. Tested other forwarders (Eg. Pokémon HeartGold) and confirmed working.
  3. Confirmed ROMs are operational in R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS loader. I am able to successfully save without freeze when launching the ROMs through the flashcart.
  4. Reformatted the microSD card and reinstalled the kernel using the tools and files located on the r4i-sdhc website.
  5. Cleaned up the 3DS microSD card, installed latest version of Luma and Godmode9.
  6. AP patched the ROMs using DS-Scene Rom Tool.
  7. Created and recreated .CIAs using Forwarder3-DS. I used the DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE target, with only the Update templates at startup and Automatically set ROM path options enabled.
  8. Installed all TWiLight Menu++ components (I presume this is different from what the guides above suggest, though I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong).
Let me know if I can provide any further clarification. Apologies for any duplicate posts. I couldn't locate any other info that applied to/resolved my particular situation.

EDIT: After more hours troubleshooting than I care to admit, I found the solution. I can’t share the link cause I’m still a new member here, but if you need it, let me know, or search for a post titled “New 3DS - R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS - NDS Forwarders Pokémon White, Pokémon Black V2 - Freeze on save”.

Last edited by thechriscrabb,

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so someone ported my favorite childhood game StarQuake to NDS. It plays fine when I start it from within TwilightMenu++, but doesn’t when I try to play it from my 3DS home menu through a forwarder I created.

Instead, the blue “logo” screen shows up (so the rom does successfully boot), but then I only see a black screen after that. The game menu and title screen won't load. Again, the game plays fine if I load the rom directly from TwilightMenu++.

I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting and am to the point where I need to ask if anyone knows any reason why this might be happening? I need more information to keep troubleshooting. If this isn't the best place to ask, please point me to a better thread.

I think it may be something to do with the fact that this rom was somebody’s first homebrew project from 2008, but I’m unsure what exactly the issue is and whether it can be fixed. I’m not a programmer and I’ve never played with the NDS file structure before now.

The following info may or may not be relevant:
  1. Even though using Forwarder3-DS on my PC successfully generated a forwarder, using NDS Forwarder Generator via the Homebrew app to create a forwarder threw an error. Here it is:
    info: [Config]Found sdcard.fwd on romfs info: [Config]Checking SD for templates info: [Config]deduplicating info: [Builder]sdcard not found. Using built in template. info: [Builder]sdcard not found. Using built in template. info: [Builder]looking for banner at /roms/nds/Starquake.bin info: [Builder]looking for banner at sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/banners/Starquake.bin info: [Builder]looking for custom bmp icon at sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/icons/Starquake.bmp error: [Builder]NDS file contains no banner. This file is not supported. error: [Builder]Failed to create forwarder.
  2. The banner.bin file in the rom appears to be corrupted or unreadable, as TM++ doesn’t display a game icon for the rom.
  3. Crystaltile2 and the PC forwarder apps I tested with load a bunch of gibberish as the title.

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update. I installed a forwarder onto my original Nintendo 3DS (the previous post was about problems I had with my new N3DS), and it loads the game, but without touchscreen support. Loading the game through Twilight Menu++ loads it with touchscreen support.

Still experiencing the same black screen issue on my New Nintendo 3DS. Although something funny happened with that one when I tried using a YANBF forwarder with it... it loaded. But the touchscreen was sized to the original resolution and didn't stretch (regardless of whether the game was loaded via TM++ or the forwarder). After I recalibrated the touch screen, launching the game via the forwarder started behaving the same way as the Forwarder3-DS one behaved in my previous post... black screen after the game's blue "logo" screen.

This is all on the latest versions of ntr-bootstrap and TM++.

Still tinkering, but no ideas as of yet. Help? This is getting weird. :)

Last edited by SWChris,

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. My google fu didn't reveal that, so I tried it just now on both my N3DS and O3DS.

It didn't change anything I can see. When launching via the forwarder, the N3DS install still black screens after the game's blue "logo" screen and the O3DS touch screen is still nonfunctional, but everything works correctly when launching through TM++. --

But it did fix the NDS-Bootstrap logo not showing when booting up my other DS games, which all continue to work fine.

gamzee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I try to download forwarder3-DS direct from the Dropbox but it says I need permission from the owner
what can I do to fix this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...