RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird, I just downloaded the latest update and, its not allowing me to save my files as cia files...
Where's the Forwarder3-DS folder?
Try shortening the .nds filename.
no it doesn't but, it requires ds roms of the games you want to play... but when xmas day comes around, we'll have a way to play our ds games off the cias themselves hopefully
The SD forwarders will run bootstrap for loading the ROMs from SD.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

musashi076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
same goes for me, i already renamed The World Ends With You.nds to TWEWY.nds and still not making cia for me. My path is C:\3DS.

Edit: I see, 64-bit exe. -_-

Last edited by musashi076,

musashi076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
most likely you're using the generated make_cia.exe from the forwarder app is 64bit and you're using 32 bit? i solved mine by using 32bit version of it. I found it here
https://github.com/d0k3/3DS-Tools-Collection/tree/master/Commandline Tools
Actually, the make_cia generated by Forwarder3DS is 32-bit.

However, it has proven to have some issues with large paths or paths with UTF-8 characters. I could try putting the version you linked within Forwarder3DS and see if it helps getting less issues.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

musashi076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know, i'm currently using 32-bit W7 Enterprise here at work and it said here when I run make_cia.exe on command line.

This version of C:\3DS\make_cia.exe is not compatible with the version of Window
s you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you ne
ed a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the s
oftware publisher.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
So, I've tried this out, and I cannot get anything to launch.

I'm on A9LH+Luma, booting to an 11.2 EMUNAND
Card I'm using is a Gateway Blue card, I downloaded the appropriate pack and copied the files from the correct folder for this cart.

Forwarder3DS is setup (on Linux), and generating CIA & NDS forwarder files.
I install the forwarder CIAs, but all I get is a system error (Hold Power Button to reboot)

Do I need to copy the generator forwarder_$GAME.nds file somewhere?
I've tried copy & paste and select through menu for loading NDS files into Forwarder3DS - it changes the game path in each case. Is there something I need to edit to specify loading these NDS files from the flashcart, as opposed to the 3DS SD card?
I've tried generating CIAs with the "Automatically set ROM path" option both checked and unchecked, but neither made a difference. With automatic rom paths I saw it said Games/$GAME.nds on the files - I tried rearranging my flashcart SD card so they are in a folder called "Games" on the root, but it didn't help.

I'd love to use this, but I just can't get it working! Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Any help appreciated!

EDIT:- I've just noticed it says to install the CIA to both Sysnand & Emunand - is that what is ruining things?

Last edited by Category, , Reason: Maybe missed a step...

Matisse

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright I've tried using this with a R4i Gold RTS and the card borked, and it can only be launched with the TWL Launcher. (Updating with a DS Lite still gives me the error)

Is this compatible with the launcher, did I do something wrong with the update, or am I SOL and forced to use the menu for the rest of this cards days?

lasercut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post a mega mirror to the 3ds forwarder and 3ds sd card pack please. I can't access dropbox right now. Thanks a lot :)

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm also having problems with Fowarder3-DS. I keep trying to make a CIA of a homebrew game (NDS_TGM), and even with renaming the file it keeps refusing to make a CIA (It's for the SD Card BTW). If it does require a certain 64bit version of a executable or something (I have a W7 64bit), then IDK where to find it.

EDIT: Tried with a MKDS demo, and it doesn't work either (The only time when it says Success is when I leave the TID untouched, but of course because the TID is incorrect, it's ignored). Also I have downloaded a 64bit build of make_cia and STILL refuses to make CIA fowarders. Any help?

Last edited by TheArcadeStriker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU