Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If there are ap checks being triggered by the new dev launcher patch, the mode switch code in NTR Launcher fixes that. (you simply don't use the patch anymore since it's not required). Once NTR Forwarder is updated to use the mode switch correctly, you can get rid of the dev launcher patch. Though ap code being triggered may be an issue with your flashcart's firmware and not so much the forwarder or the dev launcher patch. Unlike legit carts, flashcarts patch that out, so if a game still doesn't work it's a problem with the patches your flashcart's firmware makes.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does this work with DSTwo+?

When i put the .nds files in Forwarder3-DS it doesn't create a .dat file when i press the save/floppy disc? :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main branch of NTR Launcher switches into NTR mode at an earlier stage in the code. NTR Forwarder (which I assume is what fork your forwarder stuff uses now) should probably switch to the alt branch if you can't get the main branch to work for you.

Though I don't see the technical reason why you should need to use the alt branch. The main branch works just as fine. Just do your forwardering stuff before the "launchengine" is launched because once the runLaunchEngine function is called it immediately switches into NTR mode. DLDI code should still work fine in TWL mode.

By the way you MUST use ahezard's fork of libnds to compile this. ;)
Problem is, the dev launcher patch is needed, because what the DSTWO forwarder template does, is set the rom path in a .ini file on the SD card, DSTWO is then launched, and it copies the file from the SD card to the DSTWO.
Without the dev launcher patch, if NTR Launcher switches to NTR mode from TWL, SD access is disabled, and copying the .ini file on the SD card to the DSTWO isn't possible.
Both builds of NTR Launcher don't even work with the DSTWO.

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, the dev launcher patch is needed, because what the DSTWO forwarder template does, is set the rom path in a .ini file on the SD card, DSTWO is then launched, and it copies the file from the SD card to the DSTWO.
Without the dev launcher patch, if NTR Launcher switches to NTR mode from TWL, SD access is disabled, and copying the .ini file on the SD card to the DSTWO isn't possible.
Both builds of NTR Launcher don't even work with the DSTWO.

You can preserve SD acccess in NTR mode. just rem out the code that locks SCFG on arm7. ;) (done with the REG_SCFG_EXT call in arm7 code in the launch_engine_arm7.c file. Should be easy to spot)

You should find away to lock it later though. Some games may not operate correctly. but perhaps the SCFG lock on arm9 is good enough for that. But on arm7 you can leave SCFG unlocked to keep SD access active. The proper way would be to lock SCFG with the correct SCFG_EXT value that leaves SD access enabled. But for now I think just not doing anything to SCFG_EXT after the SCFG_ROM code is called should be good enough for now. The real beuty of the new mode switch method is you can control what TWL hardware stays active before locking SCFG. You can also just not lock SCFG at all after switching to NTR mode. But I'd recommend doing that at least for arm9.

EDIT: If you have something custom running on DSTWO's end you can have it lock SCFG_EXT on arm7 after it did the file copy from SD instead of locking SCFG from the launcher as that would be too early in the process and would lock you out of SD access when the DSTWO tries to access SD for ini file/other things. That would achieve the full NTR environment you want for best compatibility. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, GW Blue Card users. Can you test this template? See if there's a file at sd:/_wfwd/lastsave.ini after the card is loaded.
To use this template, select "External template" as the card model, load the template .nds file, and click "Set template".

Reactions: Billy Acuña

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, GW Blue Card users. Can you test this template? See if there's a file at sd:/_wfwd/lastsave.ini after the card is loaded.
To use this template, select "External template" as the card model, load the template .nds file, and click "Set template".
Isn't it _rpg for GW blue card users though?
I do have the file but it is in SD:/_rpg/lastsave.ini

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It should be in the 3DS' SD card.
Well I just gave the template a try and tried booting Super Mario 64 DS with it.
The CIA does boot, but it boots directly to the GW ROM selection menu.
Also, I didn't get any _wfwd folder in neither my 3DS' SD nor my GW Blue Card's SD.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just gave the template a try and tried booting Super Mario 64 DS with it.
The CIA does boot, but it boots directly to the GW ROM selection menu.
Also, I didn't get any _wfwd folder in neither my 3DS' SD nor my GW Blue Card's SD.
It doesn't boot games yet.
@Apache Thunder Does writing to SD not work in the latest libnds?

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For DSTWO, there are no .DAT files.
Haha yeah I figured this out after playing around with the other card types, I guess this why DSTWO has some files on the internal SD card.

Anyway I installed the cia's and get 'FAT init failed!, was i supposed to create the .nds files using the program? I just wasn't sure what to do with them.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha yeah I figured this out after playing around with the other card types, I guess this why DSTWO has some files on the internal SD card.

Anyway I installed the cia's and get 'FAT init failed!, was i supposed to create the .nds files using the program? I just wasn't sure what to do with them.
Are you using Luma v6.1.1 with the TwlBg patches enabled? OP has been updated.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't boot games yet.
@Apache Thunder Does writing to SD not work in the latest libnds?

Hmm have not tested. that. I did remove libfat from the makefile of NTR Launcher. You may need to restore that. Perhaps SD needs to be inited from a previous program for it to stay active in the NTR mode switch over. Look at the make file for nitrohax, it still has libfat in the makefile and main.cpp include list.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone