gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
YS-Menu Auto-Boot ROM path setter (payload) Source Code here. That's where your code can be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm guessing an R4i SDHC RTS, but since a version of Forwarder3-DS is coming with original R4 support, I guess buy that?
Apart from the autoboot, how does it know which app then?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the flashcard know what app is launched? I feel like I am missing an important piece of info.
It doesn't. The forwarder(s) will just load the specified .DAT filename at 0xD1A0 (0x10AA0 if it's CIA). You are not missing any important piece of info.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't. The forwarder(s) will just load the specified .DAT filename at 0xD1A0 (0x10AA0 if it's CIA). You are not missing any important piece of info.
So, it just messes with the memory then? Ok.

Would you mind me using the forwarder CIA files for my own version?

Reactions: RocketRobz

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is great ^-^ Praise Olmectron's tool and no more hex editing. Now I just have to wait for my ordered DSTT card to arrive in the mail (ordered it from nds-card so should be all good :D)

Thanks again for the great work Bobesh :grog:

fXBSxiC.png

Reactions: RocketRobz
D

Deleted User

Has a fix for the English patch of Fire Emblem 12 been found yet? As mentioned before, it does work but the banner is blank.
It's a dsi enhanced game, but I've also tried setting it to ds standard and it's still blank.

Everything else works great though! Thanks for making this!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has a fix for the English patch of Fire Emblem 12 been found yet? As mentioned before, it does work but the banner is blank.
It's a dsi enhanced game, but I've also tried setting it to ds standard and it's still blank.

Everything else works great though! Thanks for making this!
You will have to use the japanese banner for now. Just load the japanese ROM in the program, and keep it DSi enhanced.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate, do you know of a mod to fix that?
No clue, I only noticed it because I already had a number of DSiWare titles from the eshop installed, so once I finished installing the handful of NDS games I wanted launchers for, I noticed my other DSiWare titles had vanished. Seems like there's a hard limit of 8 pages worth (going by the 3DS DSiWare data menu in system settings) so 5 items per 8 pages = 40 installed items.

You will have to use the japanese banner for now. Just load the japanese ROM in the program, and keep it DSi enhanced.
All right, guess it's better than nothing :)
Yeah, as Bobesh says. I tried everything to get a working translated banner working, but there's seemingly no way at all to go about it. Tried many, many different things. The Japanese banner works fine though.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue, I only noticed it because I already had a number of DSiWare titles from the eshop installed, so once I finished installing the handful of NDS games I wanted launchers for, I noticed my other DSiWare titles had vanished. Seems like there's a hard limit of 8 pages worth (going by the 3DS DSiWare data menu in system settings) so 5 items per 8 pages = 40 installed items.
Copy some DSiWare to the SD Card, and delete the ones you copied from the System Memory.

Yeah, as Bobesh says. I tried everything to get a working translated banner working, but there's seemingly no way at all to go about it. Tried many, many different things. The Japanese banner works fine though.
Did you try filling the following locations in the English ROM with 00s?
0xD1A00-0xD1A01
0xD1A04-0xD1A09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it works for flash carts from www.r4i-sdhc.com/
it should work for these clones carts too
ALL 2014/2015/2016 carts from : www.r4isdhc.com
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution : www.r4i-sdhc.com.tw
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution : www.R4i-dshc.com
R4DSiXL3D : www.r4dsixl3d.com
R4i Advance (v3.0 kernel) : www.r4i-advance.com
R4-IIIi (v4.03 and v4.04 kernel) : www.r4dsl.net
R4i SDHC Revolution (v2.07 kernel) - www.r4sdhc.com
R4i SDHC Revolution : www.r4i.cn
R4/i Pocket : www.r4ipocket.com
R4i-Gold : www.r4i-gold.eu
R4i-Gold v1.4.1 : www.r4i-gold.com
R4i-Gold 3DS : www.r4i-gold.cc
R4iSDHC Revolution : www.r4ita.com
R4xDS : www.r4xds.com

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy some DSiWare to the SD Card, and delete the ones you copied from the System Memory.

Did you try filling the following locations in the English ROM with 00s?
0xD1A00-0xD1A01
0xD1A04-0xD1A09
Does copying the to the SD Card make it so you can still launch them, or are they just stored on the SD card as backup and essentially unusable until copied back to the nand?

And I did not try that. So fill those locations with 00s and use that rom to generate the forwarder?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does copying the to the SD Card make it so you can still launch them, or are they just stored on the SD card as backup and essentially unusable until copied back to the nand?

And I did not try that. So fill those locations with 00s and use that rom to generate the forwarder?
They are just stored on the SD card as backup and essentially unusable until copied back to the NAND. Same applies to the DSi.

And yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally