darkfoxtokoyami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm using an original DS (Phat) and an Edge with the latest firmware (1.36 or 1.37, I can't recall). I've successfully tried connecting to Nintendo's WFC with commercial carts and ROMs. I've even just finished playing a smooth game of Mario Kart DS over WiFi. The AP itself is owned by the college and uses WEP encryption. The problem that I'm having is that my homebrew rarely connects to the AP, even though commercial games (Both on commercial carts and ROMs) worked just fine. At times my homebrew refuses to connect to the AP at all.

I've tried connecting to the Internet with DSOrganize, and now it just sits there saying "Associating" until it says "Failed to connect". It turns out, that DSOrganize will connect if I configure it to use its own settings, and not load from the firmware. I have also had rare success with NDSMail and savsender.

It seems as though there may be an issue with the homebrew reading my firmware or something? Any suggestions or ideas would be helpful, I'm rather technical minded, too.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For your firmware settings, do you have a manual setup?

About a year ago, I was trying to get homebrew to get online. All I did was manually set up the SSID, IP address, subnet mask, gateway and primary DNS, then it worked.

Try that if you haven't, and ask if you don't know what to put in.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mine is all auto, all homebrew works for me. keep in mind the wifi lib is very buggy and a college network is very busy. it might just be a combination of the two. try connection on a private network at a friends house to see if it works. you need to debug off the campus to make sure the issue isn't with the campus network.

-another world

megaman_fakedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soz about the 1st reply my cousin wanted to embarrass me

anyway whenever i try to connect at the library (it the only place near my house that has wifi conection) it keeps say connection error its so fucking annoying

megaman_fakedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
by the way im using the limited edition ndsl (4 all u noobs who dont no wat a ndsl its nintendo double screen) blue and black

IM HAVE NO INTENTION TO SELL MY DS BECAUSE IT HAS NO SCRATCHES ON IT except for touch screen

Posts merged

by the way im using the limited edition ndsl (4 all u noobs who dont no wat a ndsl its nintendo double screen) blue and black
^
or dual screen

IM HAVE NO INTENTION TO SELL MY DS BECAUSE IT HAS NO SCRATCHES ON IT except for touch screen

megaman_fakedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
______________________ __________________
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
|_____________________ | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
______________________ |_________________|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok