ROM Hack NDS Dead Pixel Tester

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew program that I could load up on a new DS to check for dead pixels? Also, would it run on a supercard lite rumble? Thanks for the nfo :>

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cant you just check while playing a game if theres white dots on your screen or red then you have dead pixels ??
tongue.gif
you would notice them stright away :-p so if you have not seen them you will be ok.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a way.

Look on a fserve for the rom color.gba

flash it in your card of choice and use the L/R buttons to cycle through colours, that way you can check for dead pixels, to test the other screen, just go into options then select gba playback on the 2nd screen.

Even though gba games do not fill the whole screen, if you are in a room with good light you should be able to notice any dead/stuck pixels around the screens edge.

Good luck!

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way.

Look on a fserve for the rom color.gba

flash it in your card of choice and use the L/R buttons to cycle through colours, that way you can check for dead pixels, to test the other screen, just go into options then select gba playback on the 2nd screen.

Even though gba games do not fill the whole screen, if you are in a room with good light you should be able to notice any dead/stuck pixels around the screens edge.

Good luck!

thats effectively what I was looking for... although i think supercard rumble wont run .gba homebrew

Pochii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You can do the firmware checking 'trick' in Pictochat
wink.gif

Make sure there is a DS Game in Slot 1

1. Boot into the NDS menu
2. Select Pictochat
3. Choose chat room A
4.Eject the DS Cart

You should receive one colour on both screens
biggrin.gif

brn

Trophies
XP
Country
Does any of this homebrew actually fix the stuck pixels? Or do I have to go back and get a new DS if I've allready found one?
EDIT: Nevermind I read the readme once I got the rom
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: