Gaming NDS, cheats and saving issues

Adigeous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, here's my problem; but first, some backstory.

So, in 2014 I downloaded Pokémon Soul Silver (Italy-localized version) since my original cartridge had broken. I played the game till the Elite Four, which I couldn't get through, so I went grinding in Victory Road; one day I decided to try cheats and activated the one for rare candies. I started the game and fucked around, I did not save and I turned off the console. Immediately after, I deactivated cheats and launched the game again, but turns out that the data is corrupt, which isn't a big issue, I expected that, so I the previous save started. The following time however the data is cancelled. I knew this could come, so I, sadly, started a new game. But I couldn't go past two savings.
I'll explain this better: since that time, I could start the game, proceed and save, but then the save file would always be corrupt and delete itself, every single time. I tried everything I could: I changed rom, I did a complete reset of the game and even of the sd card, but nothing changed.
Then comes this year. Caught by nostalgia-enthusiasm, I began to play some games from the past, and I came across one of my favorite: Custom Robo Arena. This one was touched by cheats as well, but never been an issue. I wiped out the old save file and started a new game. I couldn't get past even one save file. I was desperate, this game too was corrupt.
This time though I tried a different approach: I changed DS but kept the same R4 and sd card. I could get past many save files with no problems and it never said the file was corrupt. It was like Heaven. I tried this with Pokémon Soul Silver as well, and guess what? It worked. I could do it.
The thing is, that DS, which is my brother's, has a broken screen that twists all colors and stuff, impossible to play without getting epileptic.

So here comes my issue: my DS seems to be responsible for deleting data from some games, with no evident pattern and regardless of R4. What should I do to be able once again to save games?

Reactions: alivebacon

Adigeous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Too bad I can't edit the post, but here are some other games with the same issue: Dragon Quest IX, Draglade, My Sims Kingdom (if I remember correctly). See, no pattern.

Hope you can help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ