Hacking NDS card not working on emunand.

OolongPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my 3ds downgraded and all that but I'm unable to launch my ds flashcard while on emunand. It shows up like normal but boots to black screens. (n3ds e9.5 - rxtools)

I googled and got mixed results that ds cards do/don't work on emu. Is it possible to boot nds flashcards on emunand?, and if yes, why is mine not working?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't make any changes to your emunand. CFW loads the emunand. All emunands work with all cfw's.

Use this new boot.cfg:
http://pastie.org/private/wr30vb7h167zmhchfpq

I'm sending you a pm with what I think are the complete files for the cfw on n3ds.
Could I have these files too ? I was never able to install Cakes due to the lack of guides...

(However, I don't know about that NDS card problem, it works for me on both my N3DS and O3DS, both on emuNAND and sysNAND, using rxTools and after installing flashcarttimewarp).

Last edited by Hayleia,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a good enough reason to switch to Cakes? I mean, aside from DS booting, are there any other notable differences?
Even DS booting isn't a good reason since it works on rxTools. Either directly or after installing a cia once and for all.
And I can't tell any reason before trying both, that's why I want to try Cakes. Except that unlike rxTools, no one made a guide for it. And when I tried to install Cakes, I failed. I probably missed one easy step or something, but I don't want to guess it.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Even DS booting isn't a good reason since it works on rxTools. Either directly or after installing a cia once and for all.
And I can't tell any reason before trying both, that's why I want to try Cakes. Except that unlike rxTools, no one made a guide for it. And when I tried to install Cakes, I failed. I probably missed one easy step or something, but I don't want to guess it.

I'm trying to see if someone can compile a list of features that either one has.. however, it seems everytime I ask, it goes unanswered. I don't feel like messing with cakes if there's no reason to do so.

D

Deleted User

Rxtools emunand doesn't support DS cards.
Use them in Sysnand or in a different CFW.

I'm using the 11/24 release from then, and DS cards seem to work fine in emunand - was able to put in my DS2 and it worked. Do you know which point it broke?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With rxTools, you will be using sysNAND for DS, DSi, and AGB_FIRM software. You will have to run the rxTool's patcher for sysNAND on boot before you can run any CIAs you've installed on it, though. It's not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory