Gaming NDS Browser on youtube

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's pointless.
the PSP with double the RAM* and at least triple the CPU power can barely handle an outdated version of flash.
youtube would certainly be impossible, because their video encoding is heavier than DPG and you'd also spend a whole day loading a 5 minute video.

*only counting the original 32MB RAM because the rest can't be used by the browser

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
fishykipper said:
nope, im afraid not, theres nothing! i believe a homebrew browser can play flash, but im not certain on that.
I don't think there is one
unsure.gif
Not one that I have heard of.
I mean most of them use very little power and ram and if the official one can't do it, then there is no homebrew one that can even come close to doing it

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
the PSP with double the RAM*
*only counting the original 32MB RAM because the rest can't be used by the browser
Actually to nitpick, there's a modification you can get for the browser (called netfront 4) that makes it use all the RAM it can. It turns out it's artificially limited even on fats. Gives a great increase on 2000/3000, and a mild increase on the 1000.

Still haven't tried it with flash, though. The processing power of the PSP's not nearly as good as PCs so I don't have much hope.

But yeah, flash on the DS is pretty much a no-go.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm probably not going to get that much use out of it as I own a PSP-1000, but because you said it still does make a difference, I'm definitely going to use the capabilities of it to the maximum!

A friend of mine has a PSP-2000, so I'll tell him about it, too
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...