Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
NDS Backup Tool 3in1 v0.2

Rudolph again has released an update of one of his neat tools for DS
This time "NDS Backup Tool (3in1) v0.2". (for slot-1 flashcards)

- This tool lets's you backup and Restore saves from an original DS Game to
your EZFlash 3in1 Expansion pack.
- It also can backup original DS games to the EZFlash 3in1 expansion pack.
When doing a backup, it stores the NDS game to the EZFlash 3in1 "NOR",
then you have to reboot your DS and execute the program again, then it will
copy the NOR content to your slot-1 Flashcard.

Rudolph Blog and Download

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
How to use:

You need a slot-1 and the EZFlash 3in1 for this tool!
(And original game cartridges)

* Configure first the ini file
* Trim roms is best not to use if you want a nice clean dump, but if you wish
remove the # before Trim
* /NDS_Backup/ directory can be chenged to anything you like to store all
* Leave the save type to "0" (autodetect)

DLDI patch the program if it's needed for your card
Copy the nds file + the in i file best to your root of the slot-1 flashcard

When starting the program you can choose between "Save Backup", "Save Restore" en "Rom Backup"
(Switch wirh "L" or "R" buttons)

Save Backup
- Press "B" to start dumping a new game (original DS gamecart)
- The program will ask you now to remove the slot-1 flashcard and pop in your orignal DS
gamecartridge you want to dump the SAV from, press "A" to confirm (or press "B" if you
wanna quit (DS will turn off))
- The "NOR" of the EZFlash 3in1 wil be erased and after that the program starts writing to
the "NOR", When finnished it wil ask you to confirm with "A" and turn of your DS
- Press "A" and when the DS is off, pop out the game and pop in your slot-1 flashcard
and execute "NDS Backup Tool (3in1)" again.
- After reboot it will ask je to confirm with "A" tro continue the process or press
"B" to cancel (DS will turn off)
- Your SAV of the original game will be written on your slot-1 flascard in the directory
"/NDS_Backup/" or the directory you specified in the ini file.

Save Restore
- When in the program press "R" or "L" till you see: "Save Restore"
- Select the sav you want to restore to the original gamecartridge
- Press "A" to confirm and pull out your your slot-1 flashcard, then pop in your original
game cartridge where you wanna write the save to
- Press "A" to confirm and the program will ask you to press "A" to confirm and turn off the
DS when it's done.
- Done, save is restored
smile.gif

Rom Backup
- When in the program press "R" or "L" till you see: "Rom Backup"
- Press "B" to start a new clean dump
- The program will ask you now to remove the slot-1 flashcard and pop in your orignal DS
gamecartridge you want to dump, press "A" to confirm (or press "B" if you wanna quit
(DS will turn off))
- The "NOR" of the EZFlash 3in1 wil be erased and after that the program starts writing to
the "NOR", When finnished it wil ask you to confirm with "A" and turn off your DS

- When the game is bigger then 32Mbyte (256Mbit) it will do the dump in pieces,
no need to join them manually, cause this will be done by the program itzelf

- Press "A" and when the DS is off, pop out the game and pop in your slot-1 flashcard
- After reboot it will ask je to confirm with "A" to continue the process or press
- Now you're done if the game is 32Mbyte or smaller, if dumping a bigger game continue to read

- Now if the game was bigger then 32Mbyte, it will ask you again to pop out the slot-1 and pop
in the game you started Press now "A" to confirm.
- The "NOR" of the EZFlash 3in1 wil be erased and after that the program continues the dumping
When finnished it wil ask you to confirm with "A" and turn off your DS
- After reboot it will ask je to confirm with "A" to continue the process or press
- Now you're done

(Unless the game is a 1Gbit, then you have to repeat the last procedure a few times till it ends
tongue.gif
)

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The program is working just fine. I haven't tried anything larger than 256 Mbit, but I'm glad I don't have to rely on illegal download sites anymore.

I use the M3 Simply. The save backed up (from the original cart to slot-1 device) had to be converted to the local format (the 512KB .sav file). I went to http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php and converted with the following settings:

Source format: EZFlash IV (.sav)
Target format: M3 Simply (.sav)

Worked like a charm
smile.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, for some reason I can't get it to recognize my save file after I dump the ROM. I dumped my Picross game card ROM and then dumped the save seperately. I then used thaigrocer's converter and turned it into a 512k save file that my R4 could use. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: wait, figured it out. You have to name the .SAV file exactly what the R4 normally names it. GREAT tool, thanks
biggrin.gif

Pheran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out a ROM backup using my CycloDS and 3in1 with this tool and it worked great! Kudos to Rudolph!

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear people are having success with this. I put the file in the download section here too. I'll probably try this out tonight with my M3 Simply, assuming I can scrape up an authentic cart.

PS: At the time of this writing, the file still isn't available from the downloads section, just give it a little bit.

EDIT: Don't know why it's taking so long for this site to accept the program, but it's still not live. Anyway, I just ripped the save game off a Brain Age cart and it worked without any problem. I set the save size to 512 (since I have an M3) and it worked mint. Leaving it as auto saved it as default size (256) and it didn't work that way.

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
This program is great! I just backed up my original copy of Hotel Dusk (as it was a large file took a few swaps) but it works.
smile.gif

Mikesch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having 0 luck with this, and any other back up utuilty and I'm am very computer literate...I'm going nuts here...any ideas?

dami0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this works like a charm...... on small problem i cant seem to restore the save back to the NDS Game itself
hate2.gif
I go to the retore option but the (A) restore is not in black (im using an R4 if that helps)

Please someone respond

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo