Gaming NBA Jams Wii

djbubba2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks so Good.. I cant wait to play this... i remember back in the day , i use to play it on the snes ...hehehe

Following widespread speculation, Electronic Arts confirms today that EA Sports is indeed reviving NBA Jam on the Nintendo Wii.

Widespread media reports indicated that the publisher had bought the rights to an "updated version" of the property from the NBA -- and today's announcement follows the hiring late last week of NBA Jam creator Mark Turmell as senior creative director at EA Tiburon.

The new NBA Jam will feature gameplay "true to the original", promising an updated classic experience that also adds new modes and a re-defined visual style with more realistic body types, physics and "visible player emotion."

NBA Jam got its start in the arcades as Midway's fast-paced, over-the-top interpretation of American professional basketball. The property gained greater notoriety when it came to 16-bit home consoles in the 1990s.

"NBA Jam is one of the most recognizable franchises in videogame history," says EA Sports president Peter Moore. "Diehard fans of the original game have been asking for a remake for more than a decade. We’re very excited to give them their wish this year with the return of this iconic franchise."

The title will be developed by EA Canada in Vancouver, and according to the company, it's being prepared for a 2010 launch.

FnbZNtjj.jpeg

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once somewhere other than Gamesh*t starts taking reservations, I'll be putting money down on this. My top title of the 2nd half of the year.

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NBA Jam Wiiware title with online co-op / vs play would put this title on FIRE!

On a side note, I didn't know EA Sports picked up this Midway title after Midway folded.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First: I can't believe you guys missed one! RAMMA-LAMMA DING DONG!!!

Second: Holy balls i can't wait for this game. This, Blitz and Open Ice were three games i adored. I'm not a fan of "real" sports games, but Midway's little trip into manliness i hella enjoyed. Good chance of a preorder on this one from me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just looks like a downloadable game to me, hoping there'll be a ton of content in there. Should be a lot of fun if done right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok