EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
After months of rumours, EA Sports confirmed today that NBA Jam won’t just be released on the Wii, with high definition versions also on the way for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Warning: some bad news follows.

While the game will technically be coming to the PS3 and 360, it won’t be available individually. Instead, it’ll be included as a downloadable title (via a code) in $US60 copies of EA’s regular basketball title, NBA Elite.

“We’re still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that’s about 20 hours of gameplay,” EA Sports’ Jordan Edelstein tells ESPN. “But for the PS3 and 360, we want people to try ‘Elite’. We feel like ‘NBA Elite 11? is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we’re making. So as a way to say thanks to these people, we are going to let them experience ‘Jam’. It’s not the full product, but it’s a good portion of it.

“And the only way to play ‘Jam’ on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up ‘Elite’. There’s a one-time use code that will be in every copy of ‘Elite’, so you just go online and redeem it. We’re not selling ‘Jam’ on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up ‘Elite’, you’re still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play.”

Way to go, EA. I didn’t think it was possible to dampen my enthusiasm for this game, but you pretty much just found a way to do it. Either pay full price for a Wii version that will lack online play, or buy a basketball game I don’t want and get a glorified demo of the game I did want.

Then again, since this will both boost sales of NBA Elite and kill the game’s re-sale value, it’s probably mission accomplished from where they’re sitting.

Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/08/nba-jam-c...catch/#comments

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Including one game with another game should be an incentive and nothing more.
NOT, FUCKING, MANDATORY.
I'm not even interested in Jam and I just think this is disgusting business practice, the title should be available for purchase by itself if the customer wants.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be made available, once elite stops selling. they will not have a choice, if they want to sell the product and they aren't, it will be available by itself. id rather have the wii version.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I don't really see the problem - they are including a downloadable demo/beta with a full game.

Nintendo still get to claim it as an exclusive, and if you happen to buy NBA Elite you get a (possibly substantial) demo version to play on other platforms.

I despise EA, and this isn't the fairest business practice, but it is certainly common-place and well accepted.

I agree with Vash, it will likely be released separately in a year or so.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it'll be about $50 for the Wii... so why not just look at it as Buy NBA Jam for $50, Get NBA Elite For $10!

...i know... stupid idea, EA.

I just try to make the glass half full.

No i don't. Eat a big ol' dick, EA! You suck eggs.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my opinion, i feel really happy about this, Wii-owners get screwed continuously when it comes to big named 3rd party titles. Yeah yeah I know, the Wii isnt as powerful as the 360 or PS3 but still, im sure their are some Wii owners who are unhappy with the third party scene on our platform, but i'm happy that we finally get the better deal with a third party title

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
I don't really see the problem - they are including a downloadable demo/beta with a full game.
I think the main problem is it's a demo of a game that the system will never get the full version of. The full version is exclusive to Wii. Why even bother giving it to 360/PS3 in the first place if they can't get the full thing.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the wii version going to be on disc or wiiware?? i thought it would be a wiiware title...but disc could be good if they load it with stuff.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
is the wii version going to be on disc or wiiware?? i thought it would be a wiiware title...but disc could be good if they load it with stuff.

It's still a full retail release on Wii.

FYI, NBA Jam on the PS3/360 is not a full product. It's only got three game modes and instead is more of a sample of the Wii version. It's not gonna be a PS3/360 version of the Wii game, more like a gimped version of it.

Oh EA, you're a bunch of cruel bastards.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Gaisuto said:
Why even bother giving it to 360/PS3 in the first place if they can't get the full thing.
It is called Cross-Promotion. You would think Nintendo fans would be happy, the idea is to increase sales of the wii version (and possibly the wii itself, although that is less likely) by giving gamers on another system a taster.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Thats rather dumb of them, Im not even hyped for this game but I thought this could be something but no then.. There isnt any point to this, why sell nerfed version with online play and sell full game without online play about 5 times more expensive??

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
EnigmaXtreme said:
In my opinion, i feel really happy about this, Wii-owners get screwed continuously when it comes to big named 3rd party titles. Yeah yeah I know, the Wii isnt as powerful as the 360 or PS3 but still, im sure their are some Wii owners who are unhappy with the third party scene on our platform, but i'm happy that we finally get the better deal with a third party title
I agree. I think it's a lame idea, but the Wii is my only console and the fact that this game gets a Wii exclusive treatment makes me happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o