ROM Hack Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Modding

ckenni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that this game is finally out, is it possible to implement the same mods that are present for the pc version? I imagine it might just be a process of finding the Switch version's file system and implementing the pc ones through layeredfs?

I am hoping to get at least part of this mod working on the switch version

gabrieldantasv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some games like the witcher, Skyrim, have ported mods to switch, that one is harder ? Or people doesn’t care like the other games

ckenni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried it and it seems part of the mod was working (Select screen and stage select screen was messed up), in order for the above mod to work there are several things i need to do/verify:
- i will need to copy the custom dlc files (which contains old stages) from the aio mod
- i need to need the file directory setup for the switch version, there are lots of folders in the mod that are named Win64, etc which i doubt is named the same in the switch version. in order for this to happen, the game has to be dumped which i dont have the capability to do right now.
- another concern is that the current Jap version of NUNS4 doesnt have the complete DLC files yet, the 1.1.0/1.2.0 update and DLC are not available as compared to the other versions.

if i am able to break through these hurdles, i might actually be able to test out the mods if they work properly.

zeno-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it and it seems part of the mod was working (Select screen and stage select screen was messed up), in order for the above mod to work there are several things i need to do/verify:
- i will need to copy the custom dlc files (which contains old stages) from the aio mod
- i need to need the file directory setup for the switch version, there are lots of folders in the mod that are named Win64, etc which i doubt is named the same in the switch version. in order for this to happen, the game has to be dumped which i dont have the capability to do right now.
- another concern is that the current Jap version of NUNS4 doesnt have the complete DLC files yet, the 1.1.0/1.2.0 update and DLC are not available as compared to the other versions.

if i am able to break through these hurdles, i might actually be able to test out the mods if they work properly.
I used nxdumptool to dump the game and i tried to do a add files to specific folders that had the same files and i even tried to create the folders like how you normal add mods to storm 4 creating the win folder on the data path thnking it might trigger something but it didnt. Would you mind telling me what you did to get part of the mod working i might be able to help out since you are not able to dump the game currently

ckenni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used nxdumptool to dump the game and i tried to do a add files to specific folders that had the same files and i even tried to create the folders like how you normal add mods to storm 4 creating the win folder on the data path thnking it might trigger something but it didnt. Would you mind telling me what you did to get part of the mod working i might be able to help out since you are not able to dump the game currently

can you provide me a screenshot of the file system of the switch version? at the very least i need to verify if the folders below are named the same or different from the switch version (since these are named after the pc version)
- root/data/system/win64/
- root/data_win32/duel/win64/
- root/data_win32/message/win64/

also, to note, the mod didn't fully work aside from messing up the character select and stage select screens. the very least that it shows is that mods has the potential to work if all files that its looking for are present.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also i realized that i didnt fully answer your question, if you were able to make the mod work on your end then that would be great.

the way i made the mod trigger is to create the layeredfs folder for the NUNS4 game id in my titles folder (similar to any other mods). In my case, i downloaded the newest AIO mod file and extracted all files to that directory (note i didnt copythe custom dlc files that the mod creator provided, only that particular file).

what happened on my end is that the character select screen changed with weird graphics on many characters. the more notable one is that the stage select screen looked to have expanded and had the L1 R1 select similar to how you choose costumes in the game.

Alvsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@masagrator @Kirby567fan please can you create a mod to force 720p in handheld for the trilogy? As it has been mentioned before ReverseNX cannot be used because the the switch is asking to sync the joycons all the time.
Thanks in advance

Eduarado

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I managed to make the levels work so you should put the Ultimate aio mod folder in the game's romfs folder and go to the "data" folder and inside the patch folder there will be a folder called 12 rename it to 3 so start the game and the stages will appear, I'm trying to make the characters and clothes work but I still haven't got it. (sorry if english is bad but i used google translator, i'm brazilian)

Last edited by Eduarado,

Err0r_

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Good news I managed to get the mods to working. Its similar how dbx2 mods work

1).Make a folder named data1root

2).Inside data1root folder make another folder named data

3).Inside data folder you place your mod here.(Note)Most mods will have a WIN64 folder in them rename it to SWITCH.

4).Run cpk tools
5).In data align replace 2048 to 512

6).Data Path choose data1root and Save Path name to movie1.cpk

7).Press Build

8).Place movie1.cpk inside sdcard atmosphere/contents/NUNS4/romfs/data/launch

Also mods like Ultimate AIO and No Hub to work place them inside data folder where launch is located Inside the patch folder u rename 10 into 3 and replace sound.cpk

Last edited by Err0r_,

DemonCreator42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

3).Inside data folder you place your mod here.(Note)Most mods will have a WIN64 folder in them rename it to SWITCH.

4).Run cpk tools

7).Press Build

Also mods like Ultimate AIO and No Hub to work place them inside data folder where launch is located Inside the patch folder u rename 10 into 3 and replace sound.cpk
good job but don't replace the data align because some mod files are incompatible

you can come to my page on dragon ball xenoverse 2 to better understand and if you have any questions
www.gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-mod-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-switch.565974/page-1

silver95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

4).Run cpk tools

7).Press Build

Do you have any idea if these mods could be added? They are not skins, they are literally new characters straight out of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eye of Heaven.

kishimorto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

4).Run cpk tools

7).Press Build

Thanks for confirming the mods work. I got some questions about putting the aio on switch.

1. Replace sound.cpk for what?

2. And inside my patch folder, the next folder is 12 and not 10. Should I rename to 3 anyway?

3. The data_win32 is the one I should use ro build the cpk or the normal data folder too?

Thanks!

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

4).Run cpk tools

7).Press Build

This method isn't working for me

Reactions: taytwo-five

kishimorto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users