1. ckenni

OP ckenni Member
    Newcomer

Now that this game is finally out, is it possible to implement the same mods that are present for the pc version? I imagine it might just be a process of finding the Switch version's file system and implementing the pc ones through layeredfs?

I am hoping to get at least part of this mod working on the switch version

gabrieldantasv likes this.
  2. Kalf2112

Kalf2112 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Wow you beat me too it, I am currently looking into this

gabrieldantasv likes this.
  3. gabrieldantasv

Newcomer

Brazil
    Would be awesome! waiting for this

4. themosteve

themosteve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    @masagrator @Kirby567fan
    pls make resolution mod for this and the trilogy
    Can't use ReverseNX docked mode in handheld because always appear controller config

Alvsar likes this.
  5. gabrieldantasv

Newcomer

Brazil
    Some games like the witcher, Skyrim, have ported mods to switch, that one is harder ? Or people doesn’t care like the other games

6. ckenni

OP ckenni Member
    Newcomer

I tried it and it seems part of the mod was working (Select screen and stage select screen was messed up), in order for the above mod to work there are several things i need to do/verify:
    - i will need to copy the custom dlc files (which contains old stages) from the aio mod
    - i need to need the file directory setup for the switch version, there are lots of folders in the mod that are named Win64, etc which i doubt is named the same in the switch version. in order for this to happen, the game has to be dumped which i dont have the capability to do right now.
    - another concern is that the current Jap version of NUNS4 doesnt have the complete DLC files yet, the 1.1.0/1.2.0 update and DLC are not available as compared to the other versions.

if i am able to break through these hurdles, i might actually be able to test out the mods if they work properly.

7. zeno-sama

zeno-sama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I used nxdumptool to dump the game and i tried to do a add files to specific folders that had the same files and i even tried to create the folders like how you normal add mods to storm 4 creating the win folder on the data path thnking it might trigger something but it didnt. Would you mind telling me what you did to get part of the mod working i might be able to help out since you are not able to dump the game currently

8. ckenni

OP ckenni Member
    Newcomer

can you provide me a screenshot of the file system of the switch version? at the very least i need to verify if the folders below are named the same or different from the switch version (since these are named after the pc version)
    - root/data/system/win64/
    - root/data_win32/duel/win64/
    - root/data_win32/message/win64/

also, to note, the mod didn't fully work aside from messing up the character select and stage select screens. the very least that it shows is that mods has the potential to work if all files that its looking for are present.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also i realized that i didnt fully answer your question, if you were able to make the mod work on your end then that would be great.

the way i made the mod trigger is to create the layeredfs folder for the NUNS4 game id in my titles folder (similar to any other mods). In my case, i downloaded the newest AIO mod file and extracted all files to that directory (note i didnt copythe custom dlc files that the mod creator provided, only that particular file).

what happened on my end is that the character select screen changed with weird graphics on many characters. the more notable one is that the stage select screen looked to have expanded and had the L1 R1 select similar to how you choose costumes in the game.

9. Alvsar

Alvsar Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    @masagrator @Kirby567fan please can you create a mod to force 720p in handheld for the trilogy? As it has been mentioned before ReverseNX cannot be used because the the switch is asking to sync the joycons all the time.
    Thanks in advance

10. gabrieldantasv

Newcomer

Brazil
    No news with the test mod ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ultimate, Modding, Naruto