Hacking Hardware Homebrew Nandaid help!

OctupleSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I need help getting the nandaid for my Wii U setup.

I’ve checked the connections to all the pads and resistors with a multimeter and triple checked the connections to the sd card slot.
When I try the Patch (sd) and boot IOS (slc) option to build the mlc/slc to the nandaid it stays at jumping to IOS…go go go.
I followed the tutorial for rebuilding from SDIO. (Idk if thats the username GBA Temp is weird to navigate.)

I don’t know anything about code or how to interpret these messages so if anyone could help it would be great.

Nandaid_BS.jpg
Please someone help.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is your problem? So far this looks like normal.

Does the LED blink blue and then stop blinking when it's done? Did you check the install log on the SD?

OctupleSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your problem? So far this looks like normal.

Does the LED blink blue and then stop blinking when it's done? Did you check the install log on the SD?
The light on the Wii U stays purple and is not moving off from the screen in the picture. I've left it for a good 10-15 mintues to see if it would change but nothing happens and nothing new is written to the sd card in the front of the wii u either.

The SD card has the following:
Screenshot 2024-08-09 064544.png

In the wafel_install is the mlc and slc folders
the wiiu folder has the ios_plugins folder that contains the wafel_core.ipx, wafel_isfshax_patch.ipx, and the wafel_setup_mlc.ipx

Do i have to format the micro sd that is put into the nandaid in anyway? like for rednand for partitions?
I just took the micro sd card from out of the packaging and put it in straight away.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try deleting scfm and erase MLC in the backup and restore menu. If that doesn't help dump the system crash logs twice, once before and once after attempting an install. The. We can see if a log gets written and if so we can look into that.

OctupleSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting scfm and erase MLC in the backup and restore menu. If that doesn't help dump the system crash logs twice, once before and once after attempting an install. The. We can see if a log gets written and if so we can look into that.
got errors from trying to delete scfm and erase mlc.
scfm.jpg

erase_mlc.jpg

Also the crash logs hopefully they are the right ones.

Also idk if this is important but I did use the SD card for rednand temporarily aswell as installing aroma and pretendo on the SD.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    531.5 KB · Views: 5

OctupleSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set your meter to continuity mode (like shown) and put the probes on each pad. test each of them against each other.
Checked the connections from the sd card slot and found a giant conjoined mess. All the other connections seem fine on the multimeter. Do you know where I could get another micro sd card slot?

OctupleSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's shorted on the SD card slot you should measure the short also in the other places
okay checked all the other connections but couldnt save the sd card, the solder was gumming up and not flowing even with a ton of flux. I'm gonna order replacement sd card slots also, do you know what capacitor is used so I can order one of those aswell?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Warm balls in the winter +2