Homebrew NAND interchangeable between 2 systems?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ all,

could I take my N3DS NAND and copy it to another N3DS? Or are there system parts "married" to the NAND as in the PS3 architecture (where the mainboard is married to the cell processor or something like that)?

best wishes!

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ all,

could I take my N3DS NAND and copy it to another N3DS? Or are there system parts "married" to the NAND as in the PS3 architecture (where the mainboard is married to the cell processor or something like that)?

best wishes!
It is only possible if you xor both NANDs and you can decrypt the one NAND and inject it to the new machine's NAND. This is a pain and dangerous. It also requires both 3DS's to be already exploitable.
You can't. And it's not "married" to another system parts.
Technically the NAND is tied to the CPU via per console encryption key.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is only possible if you xor both NANDs and you can decrypt the one NAND and inject it to the new machine's NAND. This is a pain and dangerous. It also requires both 3DS's to be already exploitable.

Technically the NAND is tied to the CPU via per console encryption key.
The AES engine chip*

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks. so it is not simply NAND dump ---> NAND copy to new system. good to know.

how did they do it on the ps4 (brazilian "exploit") a few months ago where they copied whole systems?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks. so it is not simply NAND dump ---> NAND copy to new system. good to know.

how did they do it on the ps4 (brazilian "exploit") a few months ago where they copied whole systems?
special flashing tools. and the ps4 is way less secure than the 3ds and ps vita for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.