Gambia, The
Reactions: Gizmo1k

ryuga93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In regards to verification: IIRC a NAND dump is somewhat structured like a cartridge dump (headers and checksums) and i believe older versions of 3DSGuys rom_tool could handle them to some extent.

edit: found it: http://www.moddingstudio.com/showth...Gateway-brick)&p=695290&viewfull=1#post695290 (in italian, but google translate is legible enough).
Nice tool to check whether the NAND is corrupted or not.But If there is tool that is able to read the NAND version it will be better.anyway thanks!

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nice tool to check whether the NAND is corrupted or not.But If there is tool that is able to read the NAND version it will be better.anyway thanks!

Don't think it's possible 'cause encryption.
In regards to verification: IIRC a NAND dump is somewhat structured like a cartridge dump (headers and checksums) and i believe older versions of 3DSGuys rom_tool could handle them to some extent.

edit: found it: http://www.moddingstudio.com/showth...Gateway-brick)&p=695290&viewfull=1#post695290 (in italian, but google translate is legible enough).

Huh? I thought they're just raw images.

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all! was referred to this forum section with help in either doing this tutorial to flash my nand and restore 4.410u/ and or finding someone willing to do it for a price who has either references or is a top contributor/mod?

i have 3ds Xl 4.410u currently on gateway 2.0b2 via scds2

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install an adapter and included the custom SD card reader for you. You will be able to read and write your NAND. If you go back a few pages you will see my work.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.
I just updated my 3ds accidentally to the latest firmware and I was directed to this guide to downgrade. I do have a 4.4 nand backup but I have no clue what soldering is or even where to start as for this is also a big thread and i have been looking around it for some while. Can someone pinpoint me on how to start this downgrading process? thanks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you have no idea what soldering is look for someone else to do the job for you, it would be faster cheaper and safer than buying the equipment and learning to solder

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first post here but i been reading this thread, trying to figure out if the micro USB in the little loop thing(http://imgur.com/a/kZk36) means that when you plug it into your computer, the NAND shows up as a mass media device that you can just write the image to?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
first post here but i been reading this thread, trying to figure out if the micro USB in the little loop thing(http://imgur.com/a/kZk36) means that when you plug it into your computer, the NAND shows up as a mass media device that you can just write the image to?
nopy you dont plug a normal usb cable in, you use a modded SD card adapter and it shows as a SD card...using just a normal usb might......do something.....bad

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the usb port is just used as a connector for the SD card interface, it could of been any port, you could use a hdmi port if you wanted, its just a way to make the mod easier to use i.e having a simple way to attach and detach the mod with no wires hanging out of the console, nice and clean

Reactions: groit

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh right as long as the port has 4 pins.. im just curious about it cause im kinda forgetful, and I may update my NAND by accident at some point in the future or brick it. I was pondering having someone mod it in the future, localy. Definately cause im partialy disabled

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...