Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I too ripped a pad off, you need to:

1. Find the trace
2. Cut it open using an exacto knife
3. Solder a small short wire to it (I soldered my multimeter to other end of the wire and to the case, so I could see if I hit the trace real/time)
4. Hotglue the whole thing (apply solid hotglue, melt with soldering iron at low temp)

Now you have a makeshift contact pad ^^

Additional tips:

Use flexible wires, you don't want to rip it off again
Be sure you know where the trace is before cutting, I cut open the wrong one and the whole thing became a hotglued mess (working perfectly though)

Hope you get it fixed !

http://imgur.com/a/QzonE

Reactions: pelago

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my red 3ds xl back to 4.5. after my son updated it to 6.3.

Couple of things i would like to add.

Use a multimeter to find the correct pins to solder to on the SD adapter. the pins seemed to be different on all the cards i tried and i wasn't able to read or flash until i actually used a multimeter on the SD Side to the micro SD PINs to find CLK, CMD, GND and DATA.

Also if you can read but not write use a piece of scotch tape to cover the area where your little Lock switch thing used to be. I lost every one I took apart.

good luck!!!

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i prepared a nice pinout on the corner of the machine i was hoping to use it for flashing :/

Can anyone tell me if they use a multimeter on the pinouts, should there be a short between CMD and DAT0 and GND ?

there should be no short. If you have one check your points.

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you restore Nand after a System Format or will your console get another signature/key and require a new backup?

M

milkman12345

Attempt number three for me today. This time I soldered a wire from pin 3 (which was not connected) to pin 6 on the SD adapter. The adapter became too bulky to fit into the SD reader. Now I'm out of micro SD adapters and have to wait for the pack of ten I ordered to arrive. I don't feel so exhausted after soldering these days. I guess I'm getting used to it and hopefully better :)

More importantly than anything else. My 3DS still works.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi

Have a question here, i read something related to this here i think but dun find it anymore...

If i backup the firmware only after i used gateway to play games, can i revert it to a state without any traces of gateway ever being used? Will updating to 7.1 do the trick?

I have a new 4.2 3ds xl but i'm concerned about warranty issues, if a repair centre can detect that gateway was being used or not...
I know i can simply make a dump before using gateway for the 1st time, but if gateway has a nand dump function then there's no need for me to even open and solder wires on the 3ds in the 1st place (just use gateway's dump function, which i read it's enough to get a reliable nand backup, right?) as long as i can get rid of any traces of gateway later on.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Have a question here, i read something related to this here i think but dun find it anymore...

If i backup the firmware only after i used gateway to play games, can i revert it to a state without any traces of gateway ever being used? Will updating to 7.1 do the trick?

I have a new 4.2 3ds xl but i'm concerned about warranty issues, if a repair centre can detect that gateway was being used or not...
I know i can simply make a dump before using gateway for the 1st time, but if gateway has a nand dump function then there's no need for me to even open and solder wires on the 3ds in the 1st place (just use gateway's dump function, which i read it's enough to get a reliable nand backup, right?) as long as i can get rid of any traces of gateway later on.

Yes, that is correct. There is no evidence of hateway left behind.

That said, gateway won't WRITE an older firmware... so in your scenario, if you had to revert, you'd still have to solder. It's worth noting that soldering will likely void the warranty anyway, assuming a half-way decent tech is examining the device..

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So when you say "yes, that is correct" you mean that updating to 7.1 will remove all traces of gateway ever being used?

And ye, i am assuming solder left overs would also void warranty, hence my question :P but with care and some tape holding the wires on the pcb maybe can do the trick...

Also, does 3dslink (way cheaper) have nand dump function too or only the gateway?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when you say "yes, that is correct" you mean that updating to 7.1 will remove all traces of gateway ever being used?

And ye, i am assuming solder left overs would also void warranty, hence my question :P but with care and some tape holding the wires on the pcb maybe can do the trick...

Also, does 3dslink (way cheaper) have nand dump function too or only the gateway?

Updating will remove all traces, yes.

As far as tape? Uh... good luck.

I am unfamiliar with 3dslink

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you have a 3ds xl you can try to make the solderless hardware mod with pogo pins.
for the gateway, I don't think they will control the memory of the console... just run a ds game once to erase the exploit and they will never find out.

Gin Casamina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing a search on the forum I came across a post that directed me here I am trying to commission someone to do a nand flasher if anyone is willing to do this pm me with details!

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing a search on the forum I came across a post that directed me here I am trying to commission someone to do a nand flasher if anyone is willing to do this pm me with details!

What are you actually looking for? Someone to do the hard mod? Someone to just dump your NAND using a thid party cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night