Homebrew NAND backup via fieldhaxboup

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only thing wrong with dgTools NAND dumps is that dumping the NAND takes a fair bit longer than if it was through Decrypt9. Totally worth using if you haven't downgraded yet, though. Should be fine.

Reactions: Lightyose

Attilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the hashes of the two NANDs are different because the NAND is used between the two backups and so there is a slight change.
It's different to a backup with a hardmod because you don't use the 3DS between those two backups.

Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't Done a dsi downgrade, but unless it does 2 dumps directly after each other without a reboot then you won't ever get a matching hash, the odds of getting a bad dump are insanely small, the only cases where I would say it warrants multiple dumps is for people who are new to soldering and have done a hardmod
I've only seen this now, after doing 6 backups with that slow thing. Will try to do so without doing a reboot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've only seen this now, after doing 6 backups with that slow thing. Will try to do so without doing a reboot.
errrrr.......you kinda quoted that exact post on the last page :P

but yeah im not even sure if sequential dumps without a reset will match via dsiware....they probably will, but basically if anything at all changes on the system nand between dumps then you will get a totally different hash, even if its just a single byte, thats why after rebooting you will always get a different hash as the system changes some stuff on the nand after each boot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!