1. summvs

summvs Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thanks on behalf of the group to all for your appreciation. I must say though, to be fair to other projects which may appear to be go very slowly by comparison to what we have done this past week or two, Nanashi no Game is really quite short. It might not seem so on an initial play, but remember:

- Unlike games such as Fatal Frame, there are few examinable items in the environments other than doors, and those mostly reuse a couple of repeated blurbs anyway.

- Your character talks to themselves here and there during gameplay, but is a silent protagonist during story scenes, which reduces the potential amount of dialogue there a great deal. Those scenes are almost exclusively limited to one character, talking to the player in order to set the next chapter up.

- The in-game cursed RPG is not a full game or anything close to it. There are no quests or items and only a handful of locations, and it is not freely accessible: the game has to put you into an RPG segment and, once there, it’s fairly linear.

- The game takes place over seven days, so there are only seven chapters, and none of them is incredibly long by any standard.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sora de Eclaune

OP Sora de Eclaune Target... Illumiati... All conected...

United States
    The sequel's a much larger game, though, right? From what I understand, there's a lot more?

3. G-Han

G-Han Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    You forgot one:

- Summvs has an incredible translation skill, both is accuracy and speed.

I actually don't know whether the sequel is a larger game. I only know they've added an 8 bit platform section in addition to the RPGeque sections.

4. suruz

suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Fffufufu, so amazingly excited for this..

...Before this thread, I had basically given up hope for this ever being translated.

But I'm so impressed and amazed how fast you guys are translating this, keep it up! ^__^

5. trev1

trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MANY MANY thanks and praise ...your speed on such a uneasy rom hack is truly notable and appreciated..hope to see more from you guys on future projects... [​IMG]

6. gonzab

gonzab GBAtemp Regular

YES, another awesome game getting translated. It has been a good ending for the DS regarding fan translated games, it's really good to hear about that.

7. qweasd123

qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

So what is yet to do?

8. Sora de Eclaune

United States
    If I'm understanding correctly, just proofreading the text and editing some bits and bobs that aren't within the scripts.

9. summvs

summvs Advanced Member
    Newcomer

As far as the translation is concerned, yes, but Nagato is also very hard at work on the program itself, making it work and display correctly.

10. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    As in, the translation of the text is pretty much completed, and the most of the work left to do is inserting it back into the game, making it work. (right?)

11. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    [​IMG]
    I'm amazed to see such quick progress on this!
    Keep up the good work!! [​IMG]

12. corr0126

corr0126 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  13. summvs

summvs Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Yes, that’s correct!

14. Sora de Eclaune

United States
    I wish I could watch someone do all that. It sounds interesting.

15. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Amazing work. [​IMG]

It's pretty rare to find someone who knows advance programming to work on visual novel style game. (I think most of them usually like to work on rpg games, or pokemon games. [​IMG]) And it's very nice to have translators who want to work on it. Sometimes, when you have a hacker, you can't find a translator, or vice versa. So this is really amazing. I'm looking forward to playing it when it's finished. [​IMG]

16. G-Han

G-Han Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    @Nagato & summvs: If everything goes according plan, I should be available again from Monday on.

17. chaosdarkneo

chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I am actually literally shaking in anticipation. (DON'T RUSH, THIS IS JUST MY HAPPINESS! I WANT THIS TO BE THE BEST TRANSLATION EVER.)

I forgot to thank you profoundly.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU*explodes*

I love you all, not because of the speed of the translation, but because you decided to translate this epic game. In fact, if the original creators read this translation, I bet they'd use it. Rarely do any people translate any supposedly impossible-to-translate games, but a VISUAL NOVEL, that is exceedingly rare. Most people don't like such a game, but there ARE those out there that do.

I was severely disappointed on learning this game was impossible to translate. Then my friend linked me to this thread, bringing news of a translation.

"WTH?" I went. "Obviously fake. After all, everyone says it's impossible." So I opened the thread to see the obvious fakeness and laffs, but... I saw a true, hardworking, project team dedicated to translating the game I had wanted to play for so long... It warmed my heart and possibly overheated it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

18. Sora de Eclaune

United States
    We all know how you feel, chaosdarkneo. Especially me, since it was my thread they decided to talk about the progress in.

19. jdevil99

jdevil99 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was gonna say Sora, figured you, more then most would be diligently following this bad boy since your technically the one who started this thread. But yeah, hot stuff here with this game being translated, can't wait.

20. Sora de Eclaune

United States
    I can't wait either. I'm so excited that I've lost total interest in every other game on my R4 enough that I don't want to play any of the games on my micro sd anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nanashi,