N64 re texturing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jabcecle, Mar 7, 2009.

Mar 7, 2009

N64 re texturing? by Jabcecle at 10:21 PM (824 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Jabcecle
    OP

Newcomer Jabcecle Member

United Kingdom
    Just wondering if it would be at all possible to add textures to N64 games? So we can maybe get some hi res sexiness going on. I'm guessing that we probably wouldn't be able to use the injected roms as we probably won't be able to write any sort of plugin for Nintendo's N64 emulator, but maybe possible with Mupen... whenever it can run a game at full speed. I don't think the chances of this are that high, or even close, but I would like to know if it would be possible in the future... maybe... sometime... hopefully.

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I know that people have been adding hi-res textures to the Ocarina of Time and it looks pretty impressive. No idea if it could be injected though.

3. Jabcecle
    OP

Newcomer Jabcecle Member

United Kingdom
    I've been running them on my 24" iMac and they look so hot, if I could run them on my Wii with controller and all on my tv, I would indeed be a very happy man. Can't wait for the MM texture to be finished. The SSBHD retexture is the shit also.

4. feidhlim1986

Member feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Where would one go for more info on these Hi-res textures?

5. Jabcecle
    OP

Newcomer Jabcecle Member

United Kingdom
    http://www.emutalk.net/

You should be able to find everything you need there, including links to other places and all the tools you'll need. It really does breathe fresh life into the old games.