Homebrew N64 on de Wii (Compatibility List)

Skarnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snowboard kids 1 work on wii64 but runs a bit slower than normal, but it's playable.

Mario Party 1 works flawlessly on wii64
Mario Party 2 works flawlessly on wii64 and has an injected wad that works, but sometimes the picture is a bit weird. I'd say playable.
Mario Party 3 works on Wii64 with a few glithes. definately playable. good speed.

Mortal Kombat trilogy and
Mortal Kombat 4 works on wii64 too.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
painless said:
Revolt crashes
frown.gif
too bad, that's a really fun game.

As a side note, I hope someone's still working on this emulator. N64 games are really fun. and it would be nice to have at least a 50% compatibility list instead of the 2% that exist today.
I am sure there are still working on it. Remember the delay between the annonce of 1.1 and the date that it comes out? They did a lot of improvement during this week. The next version will kick ass.

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excitebike 64: works, playable, far-away textures don't load until you reach near them, and sound sounds robotic
battletanx: black screen, no
turok 3: black screen, no
mario party: yes, but flickering screen at in-game board (dont know about minigames)
turok 2: no, black screen
wargods: yes, playable, but slightly flickering screen
rampage 2: yes playable, but black screen that hangs after character select, but it WILL start the 1st level after a while. 1st levels textures and sprites disapear and reapear every couple seconds. idk about other levels
Turok rage wars: near perfect
tony hawks pro skater 2: works good, but glitchy text (except menu)
tony hawks pro skater 3: works good, graphics turn psychadelic occasionally, and you cant see any options in menu because the text is glitchy, unlike number 2
also, super mario 64 rom hack "the missing stars" works perfect

Posts merged

Dinoguy said:
You do know thereis a working mario party 2 .wad at wiiso.com it flickers ,but its very playable and most minigames are playable ,but some are barely playable(the awesome ones that include 3-D a lot of movement,example is shell shocked)
Even with that anoyying flicker it is still playable,along with a few other special wads that were injected specially *cough* Megaman 64 *cough*

ph34r.gif

inb4warez

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tested some roms on 'honey'
Micro Machines 64 is as good as flawless. Very minor graphical glitches. Sound is good.
South Park Rally is not playable as the draw distance is all messed up.
South Park loads to title screen slowly but I couldn't get any further.
Tsumi to Batsu very playable with some slowdown and graphics issues. (haven't tried the vc for comparison)
While Goldeneye is a little slow, I've had no problems working my way through the first couple of levels. In 2 player mode, player one's screen is flickering badly.
I've also tried a variety of Mario 64 variants/hacks which all worked as well as the original

Thanks WII64 team. 'Honey' is win. So many improvements over beta 1
P.S. First post - Imma gonna lurk less!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going make a new topic cause this poster has not update in ages...

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On 'Honey'
MK Trilogy - Looks good but played too slow to enjoy but
MK4 with its 3d chars worked much better. Speed was great. I might even complete it again before the next build!

On a similar note, has anyone completed Goldeneye on 'honey' yet? I just unlocked the DK cheat and nostalgia'd so bad I had to change my pants. 75% speed and hypnotoad sfx? I hardly noticed
tongue.gif

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoomph said:
Tested some roms on 'honey'
Micro Machines 64 is as good as flawless. Very minor graphical glitches. Sound is good.
South Park Rally is not playable as the draw distance is all messed up.
South Park loads to title screen slowly but I couldn't get any further.
Tsumi to Batsu very playable with some slowdown and graphics issues. (haven't tried the vc for comparison)
While Goldeneye is a little slow, I've had no problems working my way through the first couple of levels. In 2 player mode, player one's screen is flickering badly.
I've also tried a variety of Mario 64 variants/hacks which all worked as well as the original

Thanks WII64 team. 'Honey' is win. So many improvements over beta 1
P.S. First post - Imma gonna lurk less!

what other hacks are there? the only one i can find no matter how hard i search is the missing stars.

Skarnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whoomph said:
On 'Honey'
MK Trilogy - Looks good but played too slow to enjoy but
MK4 with its 3d chars worked much better. Speed was great. I might even complete it again before the next build!

On a similar note, has anyone completed Goldeneye on 'honey' yet? I just unlocked the DK cheat and nostalgia'd so bad I had to change my pants. 75% speed and hypnotoad sfx? I hardly noticed
tongue.gif

MK Trilogy will run faster if you change a few options. Can't remember the exact options, but it ran quite well for me...

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr.Killa said:
what other hacks are there? the only one i can find no matter how hard i search is the missing stars.
There's a quite a few but some are more worthwhile than others (I think you already have the best one)
-Super Mario Magic Plant Adventure 64
-Super Wario 64 (just textures i think)
-built-in cheat versions (invincible, speed hack, missing scroller)
-Super Mario 64 - Shindou Edition (Official, Japan only)
etc.
My favorite texture hack is the classic nes version but it's only for pj64 and rice
frown.gif
(youtube)
If you can find IPS patches for Mario 64, you can use a program like Lunar IPS to permanently mod your rom

I know you didn't ask but there's a ton of apps available that are purely for Mario 64 modding
romhacking.net's apps for Mario 64

P.S. Before anyone shouts "off topic!" can I say that I've experimented with modified Goldeneye roms (text, texture, level, character, weapon) on WII64-honey and performance was unaffected
smile.gif
(obviously excluding hi-res/poly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock