Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly, this isn't about making an N64 emulator, but finding a way to recompile N64 roms to run and be understood by the DS architecture. A practical porting algorithm. It would probably take a programming genius, but I'm sure with word of work being done, donations would come. So, money to anyone who is willing to take the task of creating a porting algorithm.

shinmai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
*SNIP*
you had to install that ram pack into your N64 to play it for those old enough to remember.

Somehow this made me feel uneasy and needlessly old. I don't consider N64 to be an old console. It's around the same age as PlayStation, right?

Replace the N with a C and you're slowly getting to old hardware.. Colecovision and Atari 2600 are old - N64 has 3d graphics for crying out loud..

You had to sit on your tape drive before hitting enter with your C64 to play, for those old enough to remember.

I'm off to sit on the porch and yell at those damn kids again..

EDIT: Being the old fart I am, I didn't read through the topic. It's a good thing I didn't. If I'd read this before posting, I would've just gone off to the porch and leave the int-aah webs for the youngsters to frolick in

EDIT: Sorry i thought commodore 64 was a nintendo 64 emulator

I feel so old...

Me too. =(

Me three. :(

freiteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they ported super smash bros.
cool.gif

R

r3v3rb

*SNIP*
you had to install that ram pack into your N64 to play it for those old enough to remember.

Somehow this made me feel uneasy and needlessly old. I don't consider N64 to be an old console. It's around the same age as PlayStation, right?

Replace the N with a C and you're slowly getting to old hardware.. Colecovision and Atari 2600 are old - N64 has 3d graphics for crying out loud..

You had to sit on your tape drive before hitting enter with your C64 to play, for those old enough to remember.

EDIT: Being the old fart I am, I didn't read through the topic. It's a good thing I didn't. If I'd read this before posting, I would've just gone off to the porch and leave the int-aah webs for the youngsters to frolick in

I feel so old...

Me too. =(

Me three.
frown.gif

Damnnabbit, these pesky youngsters don't remember the joy of

load "*",8,1 or 1,1 for them wickedly fast cassette drives...

now do they !! oh the joy of them groovy loaders from the uridium/delta shooters !

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
*SNIP*

I feel so old...

Me too. =(

Me three.
frown.gif

now do they !! oh the joy of them groovy loaders from the uridium/delta shooters !

Nor do they appreciate the inbuilt game. My Atari XE has Missile Command and Bug Hunt. What do you get these days? Nothing!

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*SNIP*

I feel so old...

Me too. =(

Me three.
frown.gif

Nor do they appreciate the inbuilt game. My Atari XE has Missile Command and Bug Hunt. What do you get these days? Nothing!
*cough* Download Play *cough*

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
So how come this thread is stickied? Is it in order to avoid further questions regarding N64 games being compatible with DS?

If so, why not just delete this thread and have a mod make a new one making it clear in the very first post that it is not possible?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway back on track to what this thread is about!

So lets get this straight, An N64 emulator is possible

BUT

It would be very slow and to be honest a joke! playing at 0.1 fps and thats if we are lucky

So not feesable

I like the idea of a N64 rom converter :-)

We load the N64 converter program in windows (pc/mac) and locate the N64 rom , then press convert on the N64 converter.
2-3 minutes or how ever long the game has been changed into a .nds file and fully playable on the DS WOOHOO

Now this i imagine is possible if you are very clever ( not me!)

paul

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
We load the N64 converter program in windows (pc/mac) and locate the N64 rom , then press convert on the N64 converter.
2-3 minutes or how ever long the game has been changed into a .nds file and fully playable on the DS WOOHOO

paul
Fully impossible because the controls will mess up. Nintendo knew what they were doing when they were adding the controls of SM64DS.
A program doesn't.

MOONSHII616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

paul

Fully impossible because the controls will mess up. Nintendo knew what they were doing when they were adding the controls of SM64DS.
A program doesn't.

dont kill his dreams lol

iv got a fully working 100% no lag mischeif makers lol but its shit so ...

PM me if you would like me to send it

asiekierka

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dream of a PS1 game recompiler for NDS...
...using DLDI and external memory of SuperCard etc...
...but it will be just a dream...
...i think it'll be easier than N64... or am I wrong?

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you plan to overclock it? You can't do that in software, so you'd need to do a hardware mod. Even then, you're not increasing the speed enough to emulate the N64 at any reasonable speed.

Don't get confused by the so-called "overclocking" of the PSP. The PSP's CPU was meant to run at 333 MHz but was underclocked by games to save battery life. Homebrew programs that "overclock" it merely bring it back up to the 333 MHz speed the chip was designed to run at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...