Android N64 emulator released for Android!

Javier78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you can think twice about picking up that new Nintendo 3DS: over a year since development began, the first official release of N64oid, which lets you play classic Nintendo 64 titles on your Android device, is now available in the Market. This is the latest offering from yongzh, the developer behind NESoid, SNESoid, and several other highly-rated emulators for Android.
[/p]

It runs really well on my (overclocked) Droid 1. Super Mario 64 doesn't crash, Smash Bros is a bit slow, and the music is high pitched for pretty much every game...but this is the first release. I expect there to be many updates in the following months. It costs $5.99, so if you want to buy it, head on over to the Android Market!

Source(Android Police)

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
QUOTE said:
Maybe you can think twice about picking up that new Nintendo 3DS:

bwahahahaha
miss out on a 3ds so i can get a shitty working n64 emu with over 14 simulated buttons (plus a joystick) crammed into one shitty touchscreen? NO CHANCE

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
QUOTE said:

bwahahahaha
miss out on a 3ds so i can get a shitty working n64 emu with over 14 simulated buttons (plus a joystick) crammed into one shitty touchscreen? NO CHANCE

agreed.

I'm tired of my android tablet already (only had it for 6 mos). Android is essentially still in the beta phase. And by that I mean it's shit. It has potential, but it's not there yet. I'd rather have something I'd actually enjoy using like the 3DS.

Javier78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz. You guys are getting worked up over a small statement some random blogger made. The point here is that the first ever N64 emulator has been released for Android, and it doesn't run that badly (for its first release). Lighten up.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
mercluke said:
QUOTE said:

bwahahahaha

agreed.

I'm tired of my android tablet already (only had it for 6 mos). Android is essentially still in the beta phase. And by that I mean it's shit. It has potential, but it's not there yet. I'd rather have something I'd actually enjoy using like the 3DS.
that's because you're using a phone OS on a tablet, go get a xoom

QUOTE(Ikki @ Mar 3 2011, 10:23 PM)
I'd rather play with a wooden toy car than play (almost)anything in an android.
either you haven't played any or you've played shit

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own an Android, but I'd love to see how this progresses.

Javier78 said:
Lulz. You guys are getting worked up over a small statement some random blogger made. The point here is that the first ever N64 emulator has been released for Android, and it doesn't run that badly (for its first release). Lighten up.
I don't see anyone getting worked up, just commenting on a horrible opening sentence.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've been hearing this everywhere. Apparantly you can use a Wiimote and nunchuck to control it, instead of having to resort to onscreen controls.
QUOTE said:
Why are you missing out on a 3DS for this? If you have an Android phone, you can take advantage of this. If you don't, then stick to what you have. Get your 3DS either way and enjoy the 3D effects. Also, Wiimote = simulated controls problem fixed.

Source, and their source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill