N64 emulator released for Android!

Discussion in 'Android' started by Javier78, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. Javier78
    OP

Newcomer Javier78 Advanced Member

United States

Maybe you can think twice about picking up that new Nintendo 3DS: over a year since development began, the first official release of N64oid, which lets you play classic Nintendo 64 titles on your Android device, is now available in the Market. This is the latest offering from yongzh, the developer behind NESoid, SNESoid, and several other highly-rated emulators for Android.
    [/p]

It runs really well on my (overclocked) Droid 1. Super Mario 64 doesn't crash, Smash Bros is a bit slow, and the music is high pitched for pretty much every game...but this is the first release. I expect there to be many updates in the following months. It costs $5.99, so if you want to buy it, head on over to the Android Market!

Source(Android Police)

2. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    bwahahahaha
    miss out on a 3ds so i can get a shitty working n64 emu with over 14 simulated buttons (plus a joystick) crammed into one shitty touchscreen? NO CHANCE

3. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    agreed.

I'm tired of my android tablet already (only had it for 6 mos). Android is essentially still in the beta phase. And by that I mean it's shit. It has potential, but it's not there yet. I'd rather have something I'd actually enjoy using like the 3DS.

4. Javier78
    OP

Newcomer Javier78 Advanced Member

United States
    Lulz. You guys are getting worked up over a small statement some random blogger made. The point here is that the first ever N64 emulator has been released for Android, and it doesn't run that badly (for its first release). Lighten up.

5. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'd rather play with a wooden toy car than play (almost)anything in an android.

6. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    either you haven't played any or you've played shit

7. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I don't own an Android, but I'd love to see how this progresses.

I don't see anyone getting worked up, just commenting on a horrible opening sentence.

8. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    pretty kool lol

9. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I've been hearing this everywhere. Apparantly you can use a Wiimote and nunchuck to control it, instead of having to resort to onscreen controls.
    Why are you missing out on a 3DS for this? If you have an Android phone, you can take advantage of this. If you don't, then stick to what you have. Get your 3DS either way and enjoy the 3D effects. Also, Wiimote = simulated controls problem fixed.

Source, and their source