Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Talk about first world problems “I have to change my clock to play a game” lol the future sure is weird

That’s completely unhelpful. This is a forum about game console hacking. Every single on-topic discussion is a “first world problem”. Nobody here is discussing how to avoid getting dysentery from drinking water.

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with Eshop title to launch homebrew (Kosmos V11.9), stuttering still persists.

Doubutsu no Mori (Japan) name for animal forest works perfectly for me i am featuring it in tonights stream

for those with sxos you must use hekate and you should use atmosphere or kosmos cfw. retroarch nsp no work. homebrew nsp no work. must be an eshop title that has been added to loader.ini in atmosphere folder. No other supported way. If you want quality like this

Thats what i did

also please consider becoming a patron to m4xw he even provides patron with exclusive content

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you supposed to use this with the official 1.7.5 release? And also are you supposed to use the official 1.7.5 RetroArch.nsp?

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at page 26 for recommended configurations.

And make sure you’re using the “next” version.

Using 1.7.5 and the official RetroArch.nsp as well as the dynarec build from the first post in this thread I only see mupen64plus but no mupen64plus-next in my cores. Am I missing something? Should I use the current nightly build? And if so, is there a corresponding nsp or should I use the RetroArch.nsp from the official RetroArch page?

Last edited by nutsack,

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 1.7.5 and the 1.7.5 nsp as well as the dynarec build from the first post in this thread I only see mupen64plus but no mupen64plus-next in my cores. Am I missing something? Should I use the current nightly build? And if so, is there a corresponding nsp or should I use the RetroArch.nsp from the official RetroArch page?

Neither actually in order you want to 1. Become a patron to m4xw 2. Use an eshop title as a loader for homebrew and then add it to the loader.ini of atmosphere (sorry boss this is the only supported way there is a tut here how to do that). 3. Use a copy of latest nightly I am on 01/24 I believe 4. You did become a patron in step 1 right good good mosey on over to m4xw discord and use the hekate.bin and mupen plus next in exclusive content. 5. If you watch my vids i show my mupen plus next settings and performance so that should help but for other systems you are going to need to get some bios files together and basically learn how to configure retroarch. The libretro wiki is your friend.

Good luck!

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither actually in order you want to 1. Become a patron to m4xw 2. Use an eshop title as a loader for homebrew and then add it to the loader.ini of atmosphere (sorry boss this is the only supported way there is a tut here how to do that). 3. Use a copy of latest nightly I am on 01/24 I believe 4. You did become a patron in step 1 right good good mosey on over to m4xw discord and use the hekate.bin and mupen plus next in exclusive content. 5. If you watch my vids i show my mupen plus next settings and performance so that should help but for other systems you are going to need to get some bios files together and basically learn how to configure retroarch. The libretro wiki is your friend.

Good luck!

OK thanks. I'll stick with WiiWare for my N64 games then. I can't get an eshop title since I'd immediately be banned and updated to 7.0.0.

TimeDevouncer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Neither actually in order you want to 1. Become a patron to m4xw

I give some money to m4xw, his work is amazing and he really is our EMULATOR PRINCE:rofl2:, but please, I think it's not necessary to say us for become a patrons in every page:wacko::blush:

Btw, i'm sure about sending more money to him in the future, but not with patrons method, i don't like the pay advantages, i want to use the public releases.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by TimeDevouncer,

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks. I'll stick with WiiWare for my N64 games then. I can't get an eshop title since I'd immediately be banned and updated to 7.0.0.

i cover this earlier in thread it worked for me using pokemon quest nsp

time devourer

oh dude i totally agree, Here is the thing if you have been on the fence about becoming a patron check out that mario video i posted part 2 of the mupen series i mean the boot time is so improved that its not like me plugging him its me giving you like my honest best answer of what you want basically. You would have to be a fool to not pay a dollar for that i mean seriously

Last edited by grabman,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

time devourer

oh dude i totally agree, Here is the thing if you have been on the fence about becoming a patron check out that mario video i posted part 2 of the mupen series i mean the boot time is so improved that its not like me plugging him its me giving you like my honest best answer of what you want basically. You would have to be a fool to not pay a dollar for that i mean seriously
^and thats i guy i literally banned before
appreciate the support

gethsemane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

time devourer

Apologies for what might seem like a silly question, but which option would provide better performance? I’ve read conflicting reports and I’m looking for a definitive answer on the matter.

* Using an installed NSP forwarder that points to retroarch’s NRO

* Launching retroarch’s NRO via the loader.ini method?

Will both allow retroarch to access the full ~3.2gb amount of ram?

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere loader.ini method with eshop title can be from nsp backup no necessary legit eshop hope this helps

TimeDevouncer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You would have to be a fool to not pay a dollar for that i mean seriously

Maybe, I give 10+5$ to him, but I won' t become a 1$ patron because I don't trust in scene pay advantages. I'm a fool? Ok, no problem with that.

Well, enough to me, let's continue talking about this fantastic emulator :)

Last edited by TimeDevouncer,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Go here and get the latest nightly and the nsp.

http://retroarch.com/?page=platforms

Does using a hijacked legit installed game offer advantages over using the RA nsp launcher like everyone says?

I dunno. I haven’t noticed any difference. And since you don’t have the option to use a hijacked game, just go with the nsp launcher and see how that goes.

But be sure your settings are what you find on page 26, and be sure to use the “next” version.

Also every time you update to the newest nightly be sure you’re also updating the RA nro.

Reactions: nutsack

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go here and get the latest nightly and the nsp.

http://retroarch.com/?page=platforms

Does using a hijacked legit installed game offer advantages over using the RA nsp launcher like everyone says?

I dunno. I haven’t noticed any difference. And since you don’t have the option to use a hijacked game, just go with the nsp launcher and see how that goes.

But be sure your settings are what you find on page 26, and be sure to use the “next” version.

Also every time you update to the newest nightly be sure you’re also updating the RA nro.
Title replacement is more stable. Also technically, you could use title replacement on the NSP :P

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar +2