Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"3 more and I will publish my GPU OC's for 6x"

dude this is so cryptic 3 more what donations? and oc for 6x? huh? I was already planning on donating more but lol what the heck does that even mean?

i see what you mean about nsp today i noticed it garbles history sometimes and it doesnt seem to stay 1080p in the first screen which is weird i have no clue why that happens doesn't matter if its sxos or atmosphere so i guess it's pokemon quest or bust

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i see what you mean about nsp today i noticed it garbles history sometimes and it doesnt seem to stay 1080p in the first screen which is weird i have no clue why that happens doesn't matter if its sxos or atmosphere so i guess it's pokemon quest or bust
You mix nightlies and stables. update *everything*

The "3 more" is a reference to

Currently at 17.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ItsDan_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Paypal is having issues and can't join the Patreon. But will try again somewhere this week! Thanks again for all your hard work!

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
@m4xw Regarding the shader cache stutter, I've seen this in a lot of newer emulators (Cemu & Yuzu) and some of them dealt with this by storing the shaders in a cache file on the disk and then reading that file to memory as soon as you launch the rom. I guess it would be ideal if you could work around it without having to rely of this approach (Some other N64 emulato manage this just fine).
But if you can't.. is stored shader cache something that is being considered?

Reactions: Ty_

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@m4xw Regarding the shader cache stutter, I've seen this in a lot of newer emulators (Cemu & Yuzu) and some of them dealt with this by storing the shaders in a cache file on the disk and then reading that file to memory as soon as you launch the rom. I guess it would be ideal if you could work around it without having to rely of this approach (Some other N64 emulato manage this just fine).
But if you can't.. is stored shader cache something that is being considered?
The stuttering has nothing to do with shaders. It’s from the recompiler recompiling stuff, and is fixable with either a kernel patch or a custom kernel

Reactions: TotalJustice

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
The stuttering has nothing to do with shaders. It’s from the recompiler recompiling stuff, and is fixable with either a kernel patch or a custom kernel

Ok, it behaves the same way as the stutter that happens in some other emulators while compiling shaders into cache. Especially since it only happens once and then it runs well.
Thats why I thought the shaders are being compiled into ram and from that point accessible so that the emulator don't have to recompile it again.

But Im probably wrong, I don't have any experience developing Dynamic recompilers :D

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
M4xw hey i got the notification and password for the gpu oc but no link to file?
double check?
e3ca46db-6ecc-4b34-810e-775c41f42e01.png

D

Deleted User

@m4xw can you look into this issue: Blast Corps: level 5 Skyfall or any level with the small Micro machines looking car (linked an old youtube video with mentioned car)
- Controlls are Glitched
- press gas = backward
- press backward = move forward...
- can not turn left or right, no steering, only moving forward

tried rom in project 64, Can confirm its working as intended
is it a problem with controller emulation for mupen64 core or something else?

also how feasible is a Dreamcast with full speed on switch if there was a bounty for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...