Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

D

Deleted User

Texture packs already work. I've tried this one, however, and it doesn't - maybe due to its size? Smaller ones seem to work, for instance I've used a Banjoo Kazooie pack that is around 400 megabytes and it worked.

whats the name of the pack and file extension, where did you put it inside retroarch, i have several packs and cant make any work

Last edited by ,

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Base on new mupen64plus core

• Minor performance improvement (Less stuttering even at stock clock)

I tried Retroarch Stable version + beta core released by @m4xw
and this nightly version ... that you mentioned .. ( separately )

and I have not seen any difference in games like Ocarina and Mario64, why?

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok !!! what should I do ?
explain me , please!!! :bow:
Hi, let me try to help you, you have to start retroarch, load the core that is in the first post, any n64 game and then in options there is one called recompiler, set it to dynarec and ready to go.
Also, even easier, place the core of the first post between your retroarch cores, and then change your 2 retroarch config files with the ones m4xw gives in one of the first pages of the post, and thats it.
This and more questions you may have are in the post already.

Last edited by Csmrcc,

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, let me try to help you, you have to start retroarch, load the core that is in the first post, any n64 game and then in options there is one called recompiler, set it to dynarec and ready to go.
Also, even easier, place the core of the first post in your retroarch cores, and then substitute your 2 retroarch config files with the ones m4xw gives in one of the fisrt pages of the post, and thats it.
thanks !!! but...
...I know, I'm Retroarch user ;)
i set Dynarec to ON + configuration ... like m4xw
Same " little " stuttering ... but it's fine for a beta version.

Last edited by mikifantastik98,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a problem with the core or retroarch in general where going into the menu and then resuming will cause the bottom ~40% of the video to not be drawn?

Reactions: KirovAir

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to "compile" them with the latest Pj64+GlideN, make sure your Core option HiRes Alpha setting matches the one in Pj64 (GlideN settings), else the pack wont load.
Also if you use fbemu, turn color/depth buffer OFF, else you get stability issues with tex packs

I know, this texture pack is 1.1 gigs in size though, and I couldn't get it to work for me - and I tried to use both the precompiled .htc file by the author and compiling it myself. In the end I batch resized some of the environmental textures and left the UI, character, and effects textures untouched and managed to get it down to around 750 megabytes, which then worked.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, this texture pack is 1.1 gigs in size though, and I couldn't get it to work for me - and I tried to use both the precompiled .htc file by the author and compiling it myself. In the end I batch resized some of the environmental textures and left the UI, character, and effects textures untouched and managed to get it down to around 750 megabytes, which then worked.
I changed texture cache to 1.5GB, so that might be too close or just too big :P

Reactions: mattyxarope

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed texture cache to 1.5GB, so that might be too close or just too big :P

Yeah it seems so. That was the only one that hasn't worked for me - it was also the largest I had tried. All good now though, the only thing I can't get working is cheats and save states, though I believe this is due to the beta nature of the core (at least in the case of save states) - right?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it seems so. That was the only one that hasn't worked for me - it was also the largest I had tried. All good now though, the only thing I can't get working is cheats and save states, though I believe this is due to the beta nature of the core (at least in the case of save states) - right?
Savestates do work unless you compiled my WIP core yourself lol

Reactions: mikifantastik98

dj_elmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick questions, is the twitter link from jan6 the same as the current nightly? where should we watch to find out about more beta releases or when new releases make it to a future nightly? Great work btw, thank you for this.

Last edited by dj_elmo,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
quick questions, is the twitter link from jan6 the same as the current nightly? where should we watch to find out about more beta releases or when new releases make it to a future nightly? Great work btw, thank you for this.

I don’t know if this is the correct answer to your question, but m4xw has a twitter feed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/m4xwdev?lang=en

As does Mr Homebrew:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLeo....net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/page-194

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==