Hardware n3dsxl bottom lcd replacement video request, can paypal few bucks if desired.

OO804

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a good question. I haven't delved into screen replacement. does it recognize a different screen has been placed? you can't just drop another in and it accept it?

OO804

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's a good question. I haven't delved into screen replacement. does it recognize a different screen has been placed? you can't just drop another in and it accept it?

I wasn't sure either but apparently yes, according to nintendo homebrew discord hardware section where I asked and they are knowledgeable, sometimes you may have to change system files but usually not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got my n3dsxl, I think top screens ips, but bottom isn't and is yellow like bad teeth.

There is literally 1 guide on the internet for this, and about 20 for top LCD.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Lower+LCD+and+Touchscreen+Replacement/86283

It's full of comments about people bricking their 3ds by following the guide.

If anyone has a link to a video *snip*

thanks.

my apologies I didn't know about the trade section, I can't access it yet because I don't have enough posts yet, but if I do get a video done later I'll share link.

Last edited by OO804,
Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure either but apparently yes, according to nintendo homebrew discord hardware section where I asked and they are knowledgeable, sometimes you may have to change system files but usually not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my apologies I didn't know about the trade section, I can't access it yet because I don't have enough posts yet, but if I do get a video done later I'll share link.
so weird. i wonder what it is in the code that'd brick a console for maybe a different screen. that's what I'm curious about

OO804

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so weird. i wonder what it is in the code that'd brick a console for maybe a different screen. that's what I'm curious about

it doesn't brick it if you install the screen/screens correctly, it just sometimes has calibration problems and 3d will not look right or something if it needs to match the correct system files configuration of a dual ips, or 1 ips 1 tn, or 2 tn, those files are hard to get.

It is discussed in this thread, https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-ips-hwcal0-dat-and-hwcal1-dat-files.566455/ but I have not much clue what they're talking about it's pretty technical.

I hope I don't need any files, I think I have top ips and bottom tn which I may switch to ips, I have to cfw to make sure what I've got.

btw I stumbled onto this recent video by youtube recommendations of a teardown that shows a decent bottom sceen process

watching that slowly and carefully

combined with this guide (which I wouldn't risk doing without the video)

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Lower+LCD+and+Touchscreen+Replacement/86283

and reading comments to learn from the people who screwed up, and bottom screen should be doable, top screen is plenty of videos, but yeah, one wrong cable pull or connector break and your 3ds will get bricked, happened to many who followed that guide which is not well put together.

Last edited by OO804,
Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system