Hacking N3DS XL Majora's Mask edition Download game

torrentted84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe stupid question, but I have used the 3DS Guide to create a CFW on my N3DS XL.
However when updating it to the newest version I don't see the Majora's Mask game anymore.

I have never downloaded or registered a Nintendo ID on the N3DS since I straight away updated it and flashed it with CFW at the time.
Is there a way to still get the game?

Reactions: MrMcTiller

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same N3DS XL as the OP has. In this version the game is pre-installed. So it should be save to say that it can be added to your NintendoID. However I don't know if that is hardware specific or not. What does the E-shop say when you want to redownload the game?

Reactions: MrMcTiller

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe stupid question, but I have used the 3DS Guide to create a CFW on my N3DS XL.
However when updating it to the newest version I don't see the Majora's Mask game anymore.

I have never downloaded or registered a Nintendo ID on the N3DS since I straight away updated it and flashed it with CFW at the time.
Can you try to redownload it from the eShop?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going to GM9 and finding the game in the "Sysnand SD" area. Check the internet for the title ID of the game. Once you find the game you should have a .tmd. select that and create a LEGIT CIA. install it with FBI or any other CIA Installer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Assuming that your location matches your 3ds, you have a EUR 3ds? The title id for the EUR Majora's Mask is 0004000000125600 (OR you could check for 0004000000125500).

Launch GodMode9.

Select "Sysnand SD"

Go to the "titles" folder, then the "000400000" folder

Find the "00125600" folder

Find the .tmd file

Select it and you should have build CIA options.

OR you could redownload it from the eShop... if you can.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Assuming you didn't erase the tickets on your console (which is the case if you followed the guide), you can still download it from the eShop (try to find the "redownload" section of something like it). I have the same 3ds and can confirm that you can always download the game from the official eShop no matter how much accounts you've linked on it.
TBH though, if you have a cfw you have GM9, FBI and free shipping so you can also get it from there.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Mizat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had the same thing happen about a year ago now, however with Ocarina of Time. I bought the Ocarina of Time 2DS special edition as a second modded system, and they were really cheap, also years ago my original 3ds was stolen with OoT from my car (I think). My only means to play OoT is the Gamecube version on my wii, however don't have my wii hooked up much anymore, so figured it would be killing 2 birds with one stone buying the special edition.

I don't remember even wondering why it disappeared until 4 or 5 months later when I wanted to start a new game, then I relised the system never had it installed that I remembered, it may have even came factory sealed without it, however I doubt that. I'm guessing it disappeared in the CFW process somehow. Really sucks since I know from experience that it shouldn't happen, nor does it, usually. I do know I never once even started the game on the 2ds or remember seeing it. I made a backup but doesn't help.

EDIT - I guess I can try looking for it in the SD files mentioned above. I may have switched SD cards with it at one point, hope it doesn't affect anything. I haven't even been using it cause I have like 20 SD cards and don't know witch is witch, I have to go through them lol. Seriously though, why did they ever make 2, 4, 8 GB SD cards and USB's, even still today, it's annoying after you have a giant collection, I have so many I started making custom labels.

Last edited by Mizat,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same thing happen about a year ago now, however with Ocarina of Time. I bought the Ocarina of Time 2DS special edition as a second modded system, and they were really cheap, also years ago my original 3ds was stolen with OoT from my car (I think). My only means to play OoT is the Gamecube version on my wii, however don't have my wii hooked up much anymore, so figured it would be killing 2 birds with one stone buying the special edition.

I don't remember even wondering why it disappeared until 4 or 5 months later when I wanted to start a new game, then I relised the system never had it installed that I remembered, it may have even came factory sealed without it, however I doubt that. I'm guessing it disappeared in the CFW process somehow. Really sucks since I know from experience that it shouldn't happen, nor does it, usually. I do know I never once even started the game on the 2ds or remember seeing it. I made a backup but doesn't help.
Those universally installed titles dont even need a NNID to have them installed. Nor does the NNID ever disappear in the cfw process.

Just watch timestamps since the post you replied to was from 2018.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1