Hardware N3DS XL - Bottom Screen bigger than usual?

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

So far, I have applied two screen guards on my N3DS XL. One is an original Hori that I bought from here...

http://www.play-asia.com/standard-film-for-new-3ds-ll-paOS-13-49-en-70-877b.html

And the other a comparatively cheap one from here...

http://www.dx.com/p/protective-glos...cloth-for-nintendo-3ds-ll-153335#.VR0vQeEb_vY

I ordered these because I've read almost EVERYWHERE that the N3DS XL screen sizes are similar to O3DS XL. Nonetheless, the Hori one actually is for N3DS LL.

What I've seen so far is the screen guard film for the bottom screen is ALWAYS short by 1 to 2 mm.

The Hori one was at least 1 to 1.5 mm short. The screen guard wasn't completely covering the whole touchscreen.

The other one was literally 2 to 2.5 mm short. It has a pretty big space completely left open and uncovered.

Has anybody encountered something like this?

What is it? Do I have a bigger bottom screen than usual?

PS: Since the screen guards are transparent, I couldn't take good quality pics, but I was barely able to capture the "edge" of the screen guard where it ends in this video below...

You can see the "white edge" at the first FIVE SECONDS of the video. That's where the screen guard ends. It's leaving all that touchscreen space uncovered.

Sorry about the crap quality video. It's my first one ever :P

Edit: I'll take a better quality video once I reach home from office :)

LemmyT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your N3DS has the same screen size as all the other ones. The screen protector is supposed to be smaller than the screen so that there's room for error when applying it and also so that you can remove it easily.

Reactions: zoogie

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Your N3DS has the same screen size as all the other ones. The screen protector is supposed to be smaller than the screen so that there's room for error when applying it and also so that you can remove it easily.

That does make sense but 3 mm shorter is too small. It's leaving out too much space, and my stylus runs off of the screen guard and onto the uncovered part most of the time.

I guess I've had shitty luck with screen guards. I've ordered a few more off various sites. Hopefully, I'll find a few that are good :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: