N3DS XL 9.8 Advice!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DaFixer, Feb 25, 2016.

1. DaFixer
    OP

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    Hi, for some time I use a N3DS XL 9.8 to play some homedrew and play NDS games.
    I want to downgrade it to 9.2,for those 3DS games. But I need some advice becase I don't want to brick it. Can I better install a hardmod before downgrading to 9.2?
    Or is GW still busy with they "10.3" fix for they flashcards?

Sky3DS is not really a option for me, becase I want to install 3DS CIA's and play rom hacks of 3DS games.

Last edited by DaFixer, Feb 25, 2016
  2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    No need to hardmod, no need for Sky3DS or Gateway.

NDS games need a flashcard, like an R4i Gold.

3. DaFixer
    OP

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    O sorry I mean to downgrade it to play 3DS games ;)
    (I will change it)

4. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    Yes you need a hardmod before try downgrading because brick issues are legion on New 3DS and with hardmod you make a backup of your current NAND version (9.8) and can retore it if necessary until your downgrade works.

You could find a list of hardmod installers by country/region here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

The nearest is located in... France.
    Ouch it's me. :)

If you think to have abilities to do the installation yourself, you could find diagrams from my signature.

NB: Many members destroy their console because they do not know how to proceed and/or they don't have got the appropriate material. Beware of that specially on New 3DS/3DS XL models !

Last edited by milerwan, Feb 25, 2016